This Is Bad

Mulai dari awal

Grabbing Haruto's hand, Ada led him towards the food court district. "Trust me on this, no one cares."

"This is my favourite drink place. Tada!" Ada dramatically gestured at the confectionery shop. Hopefully, Henry will be on duty today. He was a friendly highbrow who frequently volunteered at the shop.

Haruto blinked at the signage. "Sugar Bar?"

"Yep. Let's grab a drink."

Henry was the one on volunteer duties, and he was excellent at minding his business while being friendly at once. Not once did he ask why Haruto was watching everything with wide-eyed wonder and why he kept taking photos.

They were halfway through their milkshake when Ada asked her burning question. "So, what do you think? Is my division better than yours?"

"Fine." Haruto rolled his eyes and smiled. "Your division seems better and more... colourful." He dropped his attention to his drink. "It feels nice."

Ada grinned. "I'm not even surprised. If you—"

"Adarosa."

Ada's attention flew to the door. It was Tasha and Bo. What were they doing here? Though Tasha seemed like her usual bright self, Bo appeared annoyed.

"Both of you, come with me."

"Huh?" Haruto turned panicked eyes to Ada and whispered. "They've caught on, haven't they? They know I'm a Rifter."

Ada tried to catch Bo's eyes, but she turned and walked away. "Tasha. Is there a problem?"

"We were about to call for you before we noticed you were already in the division."

That doesn't answer my question!

"But my... friend doesn't have to tag along, yeah?"

Tasha nodded in Haruto's direction and smiled. "He must come along." She made it out of the shop, deliberately walking at a slow pace for them to catch up. Bo was nowhere in sight.

"They know," Haruto whisper-yelled at Ada. His brow was bunched with worry; Ada felt worse than scum. "I knew this was a bad idea. What are they going to—"

Stopping, Ada took Haruto's hand in her and squeezed once. "I wasn't totally truthful. The other day, the Helmets asked to see you when I shared the story of your dismissal."

"What?" Haruto snatched his hand from hers. "You... you brought me here knowing that?"

"It's not like that." Ada pleaded. "I already invited you before they even asked for your audience."

"You know what I mean. Stop acting like you do not know what I mean. I thought you understood me. Why would you—" his voice broke.

"Please, understand. I was trying to help." This was far from what she imagined when she thought of saving Haruto.

"Did I ask for it?"

"I—"

"Forget it. Let's get this over with." Pushing past her, Haruto followed after Tasha.

He wouldn't even look at her when they reached the doors of the Helmet's conference room. "I'm sorry, Haruto. It's not what you are thinking."

When Haruto walked in, Ada hurried after him. "You have to believe me. I—" Her jaw dropped at the sight of who stood next to Maya, hands in pocket, winking cufflinks, crisp dress shirt and a grey tie.

Luke.

Ada blinked hard as she broke into a cold sweat, wishing from the depths of her heart that what she was seeing was an apparition. But it was really Luke. No wonder Bo was in an awful mood.

His condescending gaze first lingered on Ada before sliding over to Haruto. "Of all the coincidences. What's a Rifter doing in a Cupid Division?" 

________________________________________________________________________________

The thing about perfect people is that they are really REALLY annoying... at least, that's what I think. They're like a mirror that reflects all the things you should have done or not done. Gah! Anyhoo, that's the idea I had while creating Luke.

Ten million chapters into the story and the love interests finally kiss

Ten million chapters into the story and the love interests finally kiss. 😅

Thanks for the continued support, y'all. Vote and comment. 💕