He sits back and peers his eyes. "What's wrong?"

"Why were you so weird earlier?" I rush out.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"About that runner thing." I say.

     He laughs. "I wasn't weird. Is that why you've been acting so off?"

     I shrug.

     He smirks and leans down, pressing his lips against mine. He gets on top of me, sliding his hand down to my hip and putting pressure there, making me unable to move. I arch my back as he kisses my neck. He trails his mouth up to my throat, and my eyes roll back as he captures my lips with his own.

He grabs my hand as he continues to kiss me. He leads it beneath my shorts and panties, then presses it harder against my pussy. I moan, and he pulls his hand out. He leans down to my ear and rasps, "touch yourself."

     "What?"

     "You heard me." He says simply.

     My lips part as I look up at him. Slowly, I rub my fingers around my slackened clit, pleasure filling me at the sensation. He continues to kiss me, and after a few minutes his hand joins mine. It pushes my fingers out of the way and roughly grabs my clit, and he starts pushing his knuckles up and down, and I groan into his mouth.

     We're cut off by the sound of a phone ringing. I frown and look up at him, my eyes widening when he answers the phone with his fingers still inside of me.

"Stef—" he pulls his fingers out, then pushes them into my open mouth. He winks down at me as he answers the phone. I roll my eyes and sit back.

"Hello?" He says. A few seconds pass before he furrows his eyebrows, pulls his fingers from my mouth and climbs off of me. He sighs. "Yeah, I'll be there soon."

He ends the call and looks down at me, smiling. "I have to go somewhere. I'll be back soon."

"Where?" I ask.

"I'll be late, so go to sleep." He orders. He leans down to kiss me again, then walks out without another word.

     I sigh and go to sleep.

• Stefano •

"If Lilliana sees us we're all fucked." Luca says.

     I sit back, sighing. Kai grunts in the back seat. I turn to look at him. He's stopped bleeding now. My house is closest, so we have to take him there.

     "She'll be sleeping." I say.

     "Good." Michael mumbles.

     When we pull into my driveway, all the lights in the house are off, which is a good sign. Michael and Luca help Kai out of the car as I unlock the conjoining door to the house, then lead them downstairs into the basement.

     I close the door behind us and they help Kai onto a metal table.

     "She'll be here soon." I tell him. He groans again, his head falling to the side. "God, I can't believe you got yourself shot. Are you crazy?"