After sowing the grain seeds, he took a shower in the ditch and caught a glimpse of the eldest sister in the next field burying her head on the slope next to the field path, picking something from a clump of plants with her fingers.

  Affected by poverty, Ji Congzhe is now particularly curious about wild things, especially now that the thin bamboo shoots have grown into thin bamboos, and the family is short of vegetables. There are loaches everywhere in the meat dishes, but the vegetables have not been touched for a long time. Ji Congzhe feels that if this happens again When they got down, both he and Lin Zhen smelled earthy, so they must not let go of anything that had the chance to enter their mouths.

  So he quickly put on his shoes and went to take a look.

  "Sister, what are you doing collecting leaves?"

  The eldest sister said to him while picking the young leaves on this shrub, "I was passing by and saw that the green grass leaves here are quite tender, and I plan to pick some back to make grass tofu."

  "Tofu?" Ji Congzhe picked a young leaf suspiciously, put it to his nose and smelled it. There was only the fresh smell of leaves on it. "How can I make tofu from these leaves?"

  After the eldest sister patiently explained it to him, Ji Congzhe decisively washed the lead bucket in the ditch, then stood next to the eldest sister and started picking.

  Lin Zhen saw him coming back with a bucket of leaves and curiously asked, "What are you doing picking so many leaves?"

  Ji Congzhe said mysteriously, "I'll make you tofu for lunch."

  After that, he took the bucket to the well to clean the leaves, then returned to the house and got the washbasin.

  Lin Zhen just finished making tea and sat on the side to watch.

  Ji Congzhe grabbed a handful of leaves, twisted them hard with both hands, and squeezed out the dripping green juice. Lin Zhen frowned as he watched.

  "Is this really edible?"

  Ji Congzhe replied casually, "Try it, maybe it tastes good."

  After a while, he twisted half of the washbasin. He threw away the leaf residue, put the washbasin on the table and put it away. He turned to Lin Zhen and said, "I'm going to plant gourds first. It will take two hours for this pot to be ready." Into tofu."

  After Ji Congzhe finished speaking, he carried the washbasin filled with gourd seedlings and carried the hoe to the back mountain. The green beans and cowpeas he planted earlier had also sprouted. It is estimated that they will mature at about the same time as the gourds. Then he will support those together with seeds, to increase production.

 He used his hands to dig out small holes in the soil ridges he had prepared in advance, or two in a row. Then he dug out the gourd seedlings in the basin, including the seedlings and mud, and transplanted them into the dug soil pits. , and then filled it with soil.

  When I returned home after planting the gourd seedlings, the grass tofu was almost solidified, like green jelly, crystal clear and elastic in the basin.

  They had never seen this thing before, but the two families next door had eaten it. Aunt Yang saw Ji Congzhe making grass tofu and said she would like to try some.

  At first, Lin Zhen was resisting and disgusted, but when his neighbors said that grass tofu was not only edible, but also tasted refreshing, he let go of his burden.

  In this way, Lin Zhen stopped by and called Chen Hu and Wang Xiaoyan.

  Ji Congzhe took a kitchen knife and made a few cuts in the basin, just like cutting tofu, shoveling it out squarely and putting it into a bowl.