Chapter 29

"What about this jacket?"

"What about it?" I ask.

"Does it look good with these jeans?"

"Yeah."

"Val, you haven't looked at me."

"You look really good" I say, quickly looking at Pedri and then back at my laptop.

"You didn't have time to check me out."

"Pedri, right now I only have time to finish this before the last day of school. I'm sorry."

"You could do with a break."

"I actually could, yes" I sigh. "My eyes are starting to hurt."

"A good way to make them feel better is by looking at your hot and extremely handsome boyfriend."

"You are so modest" I laugh.

"But I'm not lying, am I?"

"Well..."

"Rude" Pedri says, sticking out his tongue. "What are you going to wear?" he says while getting changed.

"What do you mean?"

"The Barça party, Val. What are you going to wear?"

"What?" I ask with a confused look.

"Don't you remember? We talked about it a few days ago. The club is throwing an end of the season party to celebrate that we won the Copa del Rey."

"No, we didn't talk about it."

"We did, Val" he says, rolling his eyes. "It took me ages to convince you to come with me."

"You convinced me to go to Ter Stegen's party, not one by the club."

"You said yes to both!"

"I didn't!"

"You did! I already told them that you are coming with me and they saved you a seat!"

"Then tell them to cancel it, because I'm not going" I shrug.

"What?"

"I'm not going" I repeat.

"Val, c'mon" he says, sitting down on the bed next to me. "It's just a party."

"No."

"C'mon..."

"I said no."

"But why? We promised we would tell each other everything, Val. That this time we were going to do it right."

"I know."

"Then why don't you want to go to the party? Are you afraid that because it is a Barça one, it may make Real Madrid finally forbid you from going back to the Bernabéu?" Pedri asks with a teasing smile.

"They've probably done that already. I'm sleeping with the enemy, stupidly in love with him, and a couple of weeks ago I celebrated that they won a title."

"I think Florentino will understand. He knows I'm irresistible."

"Maybe not so much if they didn't want to sign you" I smirk.

"That's low, Val" he chuckles. "Anyway, the party."

"Yeah, change the topic" I laugh.

"The party. Why don't you want to go?"

"Because..." I say, taking a deep breath. "Because it is a club party, and that means photographers waiting outside to catch you all arriving. The moment they see us together, they will go crazy and take a million photos of us that will end up on the internet five minutes later, and your fans will go nuts like happened after your interview on La Resistencia."