Chapter 2

"I hate my kids.

"What?" I laugh

"I hate them, Val. They all are so... so... annoying."

"You've only been with them for three hours, Emma."

"Enough to know that I hate them" she sighs. "What about yours?"

"They seem lovely so far. We've been playing some games to get to know each other and they all were really into it."

"Lucky bitch.

"Hello, girls" says Beth, the headmistress of our school, as we walk into the staffroom. "How's the day been so far?"

"Good, good" I say, stopping Emma before she says something she shouldn't.

"That's wonderful" Beth smiles. "Oh, Valeria, this came for you earlier" she says, giving me a big bouquet of flowers.

"These are for me?"

"Yep. And there is a note too."

"Why hadn't you told me you have a secret admirer?" Emma says.

"Because I don't" I reply, opening the note.

Hope you've had a good first day and that you don't need these flowers to cheer you up, just to remind you of how cute I am. -P

"P? Who is P?"

"Just a friend" I quickly say, hiding the note.

"He must be a special one. Look at that smile and the colour of your cheeks" Beth chuckles.

"We just met, it's nothing serious."

"But if he is already sending you flowers, that's because he likes you. Luis, why have you never sent me flowers?"

"What?" Beth's husband says, looking up from the newspaper he was reading. One where Pedri is on the cover, a big smile on his face while joking with Gavi during training.

"You've never gotten me flowers on my first day of work."

"What is the point? We've been working together since we got married" he shrugs, hiding once again behind his newspaper.

"See what I have to deal with?" she sighs. "Your boy is a keeper."

"I agree" Emma says. "And if he has a brother or something..."

"I'll let you know" I chuckle, my eyes fixed on the newspaper, on that smile I've gotten to see almost daily for the past couple of weeks.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

Thank you for the flowers

Thank you for the flowers. They are beautiful.

You're welcome 😊 

But wait, why are you texting me? Shouldn't you be in class?

I am, but they are busy painting, they aren't paying attention.