Chapter 8

Author's note: Like happened this week, the next chapter will be going up on Wednesday because on Monday it is New Years. After that we will be back to our usual schedule of Mondays and Thursdays 😁 Also, happy new year to those of you who don't follow me, and thank you for reading! 🫶🏻

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I can't do this."

"Yes, you can, Val. Come here" Silvia says, grabbing me by the arm and dragging me towards the door.

"I can't. That party is gonna be full of teenagers, influencers, wannabe models... And the music sucks, I can hear it already. That isn't my place."

"Yes, it is. Because turns out that you are the person the birthday boy is looking forward to seeing the most tonight."

"He'll be fine if he doesn't see me today, his birthday is tomorrow. I'll come back when it is just us."

"Val, you are not going anywhere."

"But..."

"No" she says before ringing the bell.

"Val! Silvia! So good you could make it!" Gavi says after opening the door of Pedri's house. "Come, it's freezing out there."

"Thank you" I smile.

The house is packed with people, some drinking, some dancing, some already making out. And all the girls look... They look... Nothing like me.

"Pedri is over here, come. He's been glued to his phone because he thought you would text him telling him you weren't coming" Gavi laughs.

"Val? Never" Silvia chuckles.

"There he is" he says, nodding towards the end of the living room. "I'm gonna tell him you are here, ok?"

"Thank you" I reply.

He is leaning against one of the garden's doors, listening to something one of the girls from the group of people that surrounds him is explaining, his phone on one hand and a drink on the other. And like happened the first day he brought me here, he is looking so boyfriend like the internet would say...

"Val, did you just sighed?" Silvia laughs.

"What?"

"You were looking at him and you sighed. Someone is falling for someone..." she smirks.

"Shut up" I say, trying to hit her and missing because my eyes are stuck looking at Pedri, at the way his face lights up when he looks my way, my heart skipping a beat when his eyes find mine and he smiles.

"If you'll excuse me" I see him say before starting to walk towards where Silvia and I are waiting, the girls he was talking with following him with their eyes, most of them looking disappointed.

"I thought you weren't coming" he says when he meets us.

"There were some doubts" Silvia says.

"Sorry" I chuckle. Though it sounds like the most horrible laugh in the world. Jesus Christ, Valeria. Why are you suddenly feeling nervous?

"What matters is that you are here" he smiles, now making me giggle. Dear God, he's done it again. He has turned me into a teenager. "Do you want a drink? I bought your favourite beer and have been hiding it in the fridge just for you."

"Aww, that's cute. Isn't it, Val?" Of course it us cute, Silvia. He is the cutest thing.

"Do you want something too?" Pedri asks her.

"Oh, don't mind me. I'm gonna go have a look around, enjoy yourselves" she says with a mischievous smile before disappearing among the crowd.

"Beer?" he asks me.