The Gaoshan Village they were in was six or seven kilometers away from Ji's Xiaohe Village. Although there was no traffic now, there were still roads in Huangni. The road back to Xiaohe Village was not complicated. Ji Congzhe remembered it after walking there once. It's just a waste of legs.

  In the morning, the two of them cooked the only bit of rice, but now it was really empty. If we don't gain anything from this trip, we will really be in a desperate situation.

  The old couple from the Yang family next door were sitting at the door having breakfast. When they saw them getting ready to go out, "Lin Zhen, where are you going?"

  Lin Zhen glanced at Ji Congzhe next to him, and said with an embarrassed look, "Go to his parents' house."

  Aunt Yang said cheerfully, "I want to go back and have a look."

  Suddenly, Mrs. Yang pulled Lin Zhen aside with her rice bowl in hand and whispered. Lin Zhen listened carefully and nodded from time to time.

  The two of them walked out to the village entrance, and Lin Zhen turned around and headed towards the canteen on the side.

  Ji Congzhe asked, "Why are you going?"

  "Buy something."

  "Buying something? Damn, didn't you say you had no money?"

  Lin Zhen was wearing a jacket. The color was a bit dull, but paired with his ice-cold face, it looked pretty good and made him look otherworldly.

  He fished a few bills out of his jacket pocket. "And five cents."

  "Fifty cents can buy you nothing? No, what are you buying for?"

  "Aunt Yang said it was impolite and unruly to go back to your parents' house empty-handed."

  "No." Ji Congzhe smiled and said, "Lin Zhen, are you stupid? Let's not talk about whether we can go back. Let's just say that when I came here, I felt as unreal as breaking through the level. You just treat them as NPCs, how can you save face?"

  "Hey, hey, why can't you understand me, Lin Zhen! We already have no money, are we as prodigal as you? Come back! Hey, bastard, is that your natal family or mine? I don't care. You didn't say anything, damn, you're such a dick!"

  After all, he was young and thin-skinned. He came from a prestigious university like Lin Zhen and was highly qualified. He was probably a person with rigorous tutoring in his previous life.

  The owner of the canteen was a young short man. When he saw Lin Zhen walking in, he said hello, and then a pair of rat eyes wandered around Ji Congzhe's body.

  "Lin Zhen, are you your wife?"

  Lin Zhen probably said that his wife had heard too much in the past two days and was no longer awkward, so he just said "hmm" lightly.

  Little boss: "Your wife is pretty."

  Lin Zhen turned his head and glanced at Ji Congzhe, who was leaning against the door frame with his arms folded, and quickly frowned.

  Ji Congzhe raised his eyebrows at him. What do you mean? Is this questioning his suave, handsome and unrestrained image?

  There weren't many things on the shelves, and they were all miscellaneous and unevenly arranged. Some of them were just piled on the glass cabinet.

  Hearing that he was returning to his parents' home, the young boss introduced the goods. He took out a package of dried lychees and dried longans and quoted the price to Lin Zhen.