C H A P T E R 6 | Been Sleeping on Bunk Beds Since Twelve

~Ashley~

I don't even know why I agreed to go out with Jake, I don't even really like him. I just said yes,  because I didn't want Violet suspecting anything.

It's been three days since the barn, and I still, don't know why I said yes.

I sighed and covered my face with my hands.

I'm such an idiot. Why did I agree to that?

He was nice and all, but my heart just doesn't beat for him, it beats for someone else entirely.

Violet, my heart beats for Violet.

I sighed once more and sat up from my bed. I stared at the wall in front of me, preparing myself for my day locked up with bored teenagers.

I finally stood up and got ready for school.

Once I finished, I picked up my backpack and walked outside, I pulled my phone out and messaged Violet.

She would usually be outside waiting for me even before I woke up, but this time she wasn't here. 

Instead, Jake's dingy car pulled up.

Ever since that day at the barn, he's been trying to do everything with me. At first I found it cute, but now I find it annoying.

Ugh, go away.

"Hey, I told Violet to let me pick you up." He poked his head out the window and smiled.

"Oh really? I guess I can go with you." I forced a smile and got into the car with him. I placed my backpack in the remaining leg space that was left for me, and let me tell you, there was barely any space.

"So, are you free this Saturday?" He turned down the radio as he asked.

"Maybe, I'm a pretty busy woman, you know." I slightly elbowed him. I didn't know what to say or do.

"Oh well, if you find some time in your 'very busy' schedule, then try to come to the bowling alley with me." He smiled at me for a few seconds, then focused back on the road.

"I'll try." No I won't.

"Great." This was very awkward. I played around with my sweater and cleared my throat.

"So, what's your favorite movie?" I tried to make small talk to help me get out of this situation, I could care less what this guys favorite movie was.

"Hmm? Oh, It has to be, one hundred percent, the Rise of Gru."

"W-what? Really? Out of all the movies in the world, you're going with that one?" I was shocked, no scratch that, I was flabbergasted.

Who the fuck chooses that movie to be their favorite.

"Yeah," He turned to face me with a smile and it quickly faded away once he saw the shocked and disgusted look on my face. "Well, I have a reason for it. I used to be poor and that was the only movie my family could afford to watch. And so, every Friday, we used the money we saved up and went to watch that movie."

"Oh, wow. I would never have thought that about you." Now I felt like an asshole for making poking fun at his favorite movie.

"Everyone says that." He sighed. He arrived on school grounds and made his way towards the parking lot. 

"Hope you're not late to anything." He smiled as he parked the car.

"I think you brought me here just on time. Thanks for the ride." I said as I stepped out, but stopped when a hand wrapped around my wrist.

Between Friends and Lovers.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें