✿⁠ TO BE TALKED ABOUT ✿⁠

ALAIA 

I yawned, snuggling my face against the pillow. But surprisingly the pillow wasn't soft at all. I crunched my brows together and parted my eyelids. I blinked, not believing my eyes. I was sleeping on Agastya's shoulder.

Hold on— and then I realised that I might've dozed off while watching the movie. I stilled at my place and peeked at him to see if he was sleeping too so that I can slowly get out from here but God— he was wide awake, staring at the ceiling.

Nibbling on my lips, I pretended to go back to sleep for a moment; for couple of seconds to feel the warmth radiating from his shoulders. If only I were aware that I'd fall asleep next to him on the couch, I doubt I had closed my eyes at all. The jungle of butterflies that I get inside my belly all the time with mere a thought of him are bursting right now in excitement. Oh, how much I like Agastya.

“Good morning.” He rasped.

My eyes widened and I quickly shrieked away from him pretending to act suprised. “I-I'm sorry....I don't know when I fell asleep.” Talk about the real embarrassment, what it he knows that I've woken up earlier.

“It's okay.” He replied, standing up and then rubbing the side of his neck. “It's only seven in the morning, go back to your room and sleep properly.”

I nodded. “You too.”

He reached up for the stairs and I noticed him rubbing the side of his neck.

I get up and decided to go to my room. Sleep was long gone so I brushed my teeth and took a bath. I wore a red cotton Saree and combed my hair which were sticking together like bird's nest. He had seen your morning face before, you don't need to panic, Alaia.

After that I scrolled through my phone for awhile and when my eyes caught the recent seen of Agastya on WhatsApp, I thought of preparing breakfast for him since he's not sleeping either.

I made scrambled eggs and tea for myself and avocado toast for him along with coffee. And now was the bigger question, should I call him and ask to come downstairs for the breakfast? Or is it possible for me to go to his room? But I've never been to his room before, what if doesn't like me interfering his personal space.

You're already reading his letters.

I clicked my tongue and decided to take a leap of faith. I knocked on his door, hesitantly. He opened the door and his eyes fell on the tray in my hands and quickly, he pushed the door wider for me to enter.

Okay. Take a deep breath. I told myself and put the breakfast tray on his bed. “Am I invading your privacy?” I blurted out.

He gave me confused look to which I explained him further. “I mean me barging into your room—” 

“It was me who first invaded your privacy.” He chuckled softly. “I've already been to your room, haven't I?”

My stomach eased at his words and I smiled. “I made the breakfast and before you say that I shouldn't have bothered, I actually enjoy cooking, Agastya. I don't do this because of compulsion or anything.”

He didn't say anything. My eyes roamed around his room and it wasn't much different from mine. The pastel shades on his wall, a big glass window, wooden artifacts, costly paintings. However his room gave a vibe similar to him. I'm really happy to see his room, I always wanted this to happen.

Next we both ate our breakfast in silence and I noticed again that he was occasionally rubbing the side of his neck.

“Do you have a stiff neck?” I couldn't help but ask.