Chapter 6 - Drive

After we had finishing eating, we all were sitting on the couch

After we had finishing eating, we all were sitting on the couch. Meera was busy giggling and laughing, it was annoying me how she was not giving me any sorts of attention as I don't even exist.

I saw her look at her phone, and the shine in her dimmed down. Looking at her in confusion, I looked at the time which stated 10. I looked back at her, she gets up.

"Acha, it's getting late now. Mein chalti hu", she said as she got up before giving Rudra, Anjali and Vansh a quick hug.

(Okay, it's getting late now. I'm going to leave)

She then turned towards Jay uncle and gave him a hug and also to Neha and Dev. She had came to my direction but only met Maa and Papa.

But her gaze did linger on me for a few minutes until she gave a small smile and turned her head away.

"I'll come again someday", she said as gave a last hug to her father again, "take care of yourself"

"Meera take someone with you?", her mother said while she halted moving back from her father.

"Mumma, my car is outside. I don't need someone to come with me, it's only a 15-20 minute drive away", she countered.

And soon enough this was a 15 minute debate, while we just stared in amusement. Well I was worried for her as well but I couldn't just say I will drop her, though I wanted to talk to her.

"Meera, I am not letting you go alone!", Nandita aunty shrieked as Meeras nose flared up in anger.

She looked so cute, that's why I always failed when it came to being angry with her or taking her anger serious. Her doe eyes shrinking as she turned towards her father, a pout forming on her lips.

Control Reyansh.

"If you don't want to be dropped off, just call Dhruv! He'll come and take you, at least we will be in ease"

I was lost in admiring her and the way she looked adorable, when that name was mentioned, her face dropped. I couldn't let that man come and pick her up, after everything that he has done to her. Also I did not know how he would react to the articles.

"No, I'm not calling anyone! I'm leaving and that's final. Nothing will happen to me; in the morning I panicked and that occurred. That's all!" Her tone was loud and firm as she left outside with her mother yelling from the back.

And I took that as a cue to get up and just drop her off as I knew that I'll just convince her. Even in childhood, because she was a stubborn child; I was somewhat always successful in persuading her.

"Meera!"

"Even if she's married, she will always behave like a child!"

As I stood up, they all looked at me. However I was determined as I hadn't got the chance to have a conversation with her so I was not leaving this matter, "I will drop her, you don't need to worry"