chapter two

“REAAAANAAAAA! RAE RAE! HEY SCOOTER!” Lyra shouted from across the hall. Followed by chermary they speed walked all the way to where I was, in front of my locker. I shut my locker door and was immediately brought into a huge group bear hug.

These two freaks hugging me would be my bestfriends, LyraLevine and Chermary Anderson. Lyra had a slim figure and was always cheery, her hair were jet black but long, just until her elbows. Chermary was short which gave her the cute look, she had short auburn hair and her body figure was just beautiful and curvy. I wonder what happened to me.

“OHH you guys! You’re squishing me!” I squirmed, unable to breathe properly. She let go of me and I smiled. I love this freaks.

“so whatcha doing this Saturday?” Chermary asked.

“I was gonna stay home and do some homework. Why?” both lyra and chermary groaned. they looked at one another then nodded. I stared at them completely confused when they started pulling me from both my wrist and dragging me to the school garden.

“What the heck was that?” I said while pulling my wrist back. They got firm grip, and it hurts. Like a female dog.

“Oh stop pouting, child” che said in an annoyed voice. I raised an eyebrow to them asking for a reason to why they dragged me out.

“I promise sometimes you are such a nerd.” Lyra said letting out an exaggerated sigh. I put my hand over my chest and gasp, mocking hurt.

“How dare you? I am not one of those species!” I said in an posh accent.

“well if you’re not then why are you sitting at home and doing homework on a SATURDAY?” Che, once again asked her hand on her hips while tapping her foot. I sighed.

BECAUSE my dear friend, I have nothing else to do. That’s why. I wanted to tell her but instead just shrugged and said “cause its normal to do so?” I said it as if it was a question and not a statement. They both looked at each other once again and both shook their heads. “You need to go out more Rae, why not join us in shopping this Saturday? Maybe a girls day out or something?” Ly suggested. Woah that did sound like a good thing to do.

“I guess I do need to buy new clothes and I guess some relaxing with my girlfriends wouldn’t hurt, right?” they both grinned and looped their arms through mine and we went for our class.

At Science class I didn’t have any of Che or Ly. It was just me. And Josh. He was sat about two columns ahead of my seat. I watched him as he laughed with his friends. I sighed. I wish I was close to him just like them. Just then my phone rang the song “Close to you” by the carpenters, it was an old song but we (I, Ly, and Che) loved it.

“Hello?” I said as I answered the phone without looking at the screen

“Rae its mom” her sweet voice hollered