Chapter 4

Steves POV

Me and my papa were just sitting on the couch watching the news. I thought it was a little boring. They  were about to give a important message from the president. He was having trouble with the mike, but sadly he fixed it.

. "Good evening my dear, sweet, beautiful american people. as I sit here soothing fireplace I cannot help but ponder the qualities that help make america so great. Please take a minute with me and panda." He took a pause. after at least 20 sec. later he started talking again. "Thank you. I'm sure we may all agree that we, The United States Of America, the chain breakers, the world leaders, the peacemakers are the melting pot, the melting pot with a hint of liberty a dash of tolerance and a whole spoon full of freedom." .

"It is... perfect. If you disagree well then you're a communist and fuck you" He said while holding up his middle fingers.. "That's right  fuck you." I started tearing up. . " You ungrateful un-american parasites. for many years the success for our country has been abused by aliens of a foreign soil. Specifically thoses south of the border. They spread their ideals like a plague. Infecting our country like a virus, a disease. They are intruders who ask not what they can do for their country but what their country can do for them." he said. I felt like the air was just knocked out of me.

"That as my fellow texans would say is some bullshit. Ill not stand for it, america will not stand for that." I spoke up, "Papa?" "Que? What?" he said back. " ¿Podemos volver a México? Can we go back to Mexico? Quiero decir, ¿por qué no? No me voy a quedar en un lugar en el que no me quieren. I mean why not. I'mnot gunna stay in a place I'mnot wanted.. Estos americanos están locos. These Americans are  crazy.." I added. The news man was still talking but i'm not even listening to it but I did hear him say, "ofc within the next 24 hours I will be shutting down the southern borders." Then my papa finally answer me, "¿Qué pasa con la universidad? What about college? . Entré en Utech, pero por lo que parece, no creo que vaya a ir. I got into U-tech but the look of stuff right now I don't think I will be going. Preferiría tener derechos humanos básicos. I'd rather have basic human rights.. The news man spoke again, "The time has come to get rid of the southern plague that has defiled our country. Many years ago I proposed a solution to this issue some of you may recall it, after.. extensive talks congress. Now time to dispatch our legion of freedom guardians who are sworn uphold sanctity of our new world. Effective immediately a local guardian will come to your house to help rid you of any infestations." This caused me and papa look at each other and got off the couch asap.

The news man was still talking but me and papa was not listening bc we were in the kitchen. but I heard him say, " If you have nothing to hide well unless you're here illegally which case... YOU'RE FUCKED." Then started to laugh. It was not that funny but ok. In the kitchen Papa was packing a bag of clothes for me and while he was done with the last set of clothes he handed me a gun. "My fellow americans my friends legal citizens of approved races... let us close the breach.. let us redefine our identity as a country. Bye americans" just as the news man stop talking there was a knock at the door. I was scared.  Quédate quieto. Stay put. Papa told me, but I  went and followed him anyway.

When papa opened the door  there was a man. A local Guardian . I was still In the kitchen but hid. I walked to get a better look at the door and I saw the guy with a gun in his hands. That's when I put my gun up. He was about to shoot Papa. I almost pulled the trigger but I freaked out. That when I heard it. The gunshot. The guys killed papa. So I ran.

The tv was still on and The news guys spoke, "God Bless you and suck my red white and blue."

"GOODNIGHT AMERICa"