Chapter 2

Jules POV.

After Joey walks out, I go over to my dresser. I stop dead in my tracks. I stare at the picture of my parents. They kicked me out when I was 16. My parents always abused me physically and mentally. One night it got really bad to where they threw me out of the house. I had cuts, and bruises, and even a broken arm. I also had many pieces of glass stuck in my arms, legs, and face. Mainly my face. The glass was from beer bottles and oh yeah they threw me threw a window.

My train of thought was interrupted by arms wrapping around me from behind. You okay? I heard Joey ask in a soft voice. I just turned around and hugged him. I put my head on his shoulder and sighed. Yeah, I'm... I'm good. Look, they didn't deserve you as a child. You did nothing wrong. They failed you. Not the other way around. He said. Thanks Joey, I said. No problem, why don't you let me get your clothes, then you get dressed and we'll burn that picture. I smiled. Fuck yeah.

I got dressed and we went down stairs. Morning guys, I said. Hey. Alec and Kane say in unison. Yall wanna come with us to burn a picture of Juleses parents? Joey asked like this was normal. Hell yeah, Kane says eagerly.  Why are you so excited? Alec asked. Because it in-. Yeah yeah it involves fire. We get it dumb ass. I snapped. When I think about my parents I tend to say things I don't mean to say, or it just comes out wrong. Sorry. I say. It's fine. Kane smiles. Let's go, Joey says. I nod, and we leave.