𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰 - 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞, 𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞

night seven

𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐢𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲- 𝐢 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧, 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢 𝐝𝐨 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐢 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬. i'd say i'm pretty much an expert on famous people, since i grew up with ary. i kind of imagined his airport trip like he'd call me and then stop every second to sign autographs and then get signed on to one of those crappy reality tv shows like love island. that scenario made my blood boil the most, because he is way too smart to fall for that bullshit. the fake people on there who are so artificial and just horrible people, not good enough for him at all.

love you. i giggle just thinking about what he said to me a week ago. me-  lorcan owen-michael lorenzo! i practically threw a party in my room after i hung up. i called taro, because he seemed the most calm and like he wouldn't spill it to everyone. it kind of went like this:

me: taro!! taro!! taro!!

taro: sup?

me: what do u do when like someone says they like love you? does that mean they like u romantically? or maybe they're just really friendly? and what if you take those signals the wrong way and then fuck everything up?

(five minutes later) 

me: TARO!!!!!

taro: sorry lol was just laughing at ur message w/ austin

me: DUDE this is serious!

taro: if someone says they "love you" don't you think that means they like you ?? like isn't that obvious 😐

me: ...but what if it doesn't

taro: i'm blocking you

me: NOOOO i'm sorry

now i'm sitting on my couch, waiting for the premiere of ary, his friend walker, and his friend leah's first interview. if i remember correctly i think it's about if they like the actual books. i know that aryan does because we read them together growing up- that's why i sent him the casting call.

he'd gotten super excited immediately, spamming me because he thought it was just a prank or something. that would be a pretty mean prank honestly, but eventually i proved it was real and he auditioned almost immediately. he claimed it was just a joke audition and he wasn't going to get in, but i knew better. after months of radio silence, one day there was a swift knock on the door. thinking it was a delivery person, i opened the door to see a blur of black curls fling himself onto me. 

"they called me back! they actually called me back, lorie!"

it was a really big moment for him, getting called back. i knew deep down that he wouldn't only get called back, but accepted, and it was just a matter of time. he spent the whole night rambling and pacing around the room, barely coherent. he thanked me for sending him the audition and for introducing the books to him overall. i decided to dig out a box of old books from my childhood, including the percy jackson series, and the two of us spent the whole night curled up, re-reading them. it felt so comforting and familiar, like we were walking in to a time machine and everything was all squeaky and perfect, which is how it felt.

three months after that day, he'd gotten accepted. or, a week ago from now. it feels like a blur, looking back on it now. there was lots of yelling and cheering... and batter all over the counter after he ran into my apartment (that's a reoccurring thing for him) and jumped on me, yelling about how he'd gotten accepted.