[02] jared's help

two,

"You need to stop this

"You need to stop this. It's stupid." She knew it was stupid, but so what? She could do whatever she wanted, it was her life. "No, don't even think about it, Laila. This isn't a 'i can do whatever i want' situation. You're really hurting Jensen, and he's my best friend." Now that hit her.

"I didn't mean to." She mumbles lowly, giving him her back as she pours both her and Jared's cokes into ice filled glasses. He sighs, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I know, but you need to do better. You can't keep running away like this, it's been years. At least talk to him once. Be in a room with him without looking like you saw a ghost." She nods once but it doesn't seem to register what he's asking because he clears his throat and tries again, "laila, i'm setting you both up to hangout tomorrow."

Her eyes widen as she stops pouring and turns to look at him. "What the fuck did you do?"

"I just told him that you guys would hang out tomorrow at the diner next to your apartment. you should've seen how his eyes lit up, Lils, come one, you need do this." He's too close to pleading and he doesn't know what he'll do if she says no. He had lied, though, he never told Jensen all of this because he didn't know how Laila would react, unlike Jensen who's a guaranteed yes. He just wanted his two best friends to get a long in a damn room.

"Okay..." she hesistates and it worried Jared because it doesn't make sense. Laila is the most outspoken person he knows, she's never afraid to let her opinion be known and she's very straightforward, it surprised him the first time she ran out of the room jensen came in to. "But can we just drop it after this? We don't talk about it again and i'll stop coming to set if it upsets him."

"That's not what upsets him and you know it, you're always welcome on set we love having you there." She glared at him to shut up and he does, taking the small win.

They make dinner until Gen comes back from the store and they all sit to eat. She'll never get tired of this, her little family. She knows how hard it was for Jared to accept that he actually has Gen in his life so he used to have her ground him, come on some of their dates to make sure he wasn't being played. It annoyed Gen at first, but now that she's gotten to understand Jared, she knows how much Laila means to him so she came up with the idea of having 'family' dinners every sunday, just the three of them.

+

"You did what?" Mad was an understatement. Jensen had told his best friend his feelings towards the Laila situation in confidence not so he can run off and tell her the first chance he gets. Jensen wanted to at least appear to have some dignity in front of her, she used to be Danneel's best friend for God's sake.

"I just told her that you guys need to talk more, told her you'd love to go out with her and she agreed."

"Right, but i think you forgot to do something, Jared, really minor," he says, voice laced with sarcasm, "asking me whether or not i actually would love to go out with her."

"You wouldn't?" that's not the point, not the one Jensen was making anyways. What he meant was that... damn you, Jared. that's what he meant.

"You can curse me out all you want but i did you a solid. You guys needed to go out at least once in your life. I'll give you her number and the address of the place. You two firgure out a time, i'm not doing all the work."

"All the work? Who asked you to do anything at all?" Jared rolls his eyes but snatches his friends phone to add Laila's number in anyways. Jared knows Jensen's just letting his frustration out, he doesn't actually care, in fact, if he didn't know any better he'd say he's excited.

"Text her tonight cause i told her you're going out tomorrow. Don't make me look bad."

"It isn't a date."

"Yeah? Might as well be with how you two are acting." Jared rolls his eyes and walks onto set where he's called.

"Whatever." He mumbles like a child, checking the phone number under the contact 'Laila Rhodes SPN SET' as if he needed a reminder of where he knows her from. Jensen, though he'd never admit it, is actually excited and very pleased with his friend for setting this up, he wants to talk to laila more than anything seeing as he's spoken to her as much as he's spoken to the crafts team, probably a little less even if she used to come over.

When she'd be at their house, Danneel would more often than not shoo jensen away to go make coffee for them or hang out with the kids, or any other stupid excuse. At first, he thought it was because she didn't want them to meet but she later told him that Laila's very shy around new people and she didn't want her to leave. Jensen understood so he bit his tongue, but now, he's known her for 5 years, shy or not, they'd have to talk eventually. He'd make sure of it.