𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮

Aurora

We had gotten to the restaurant I've been going to every year for my birthday since it had opened. Rita and Ryan's. It was the best Italian restaurant that was near and the owners knew my Dad personally, so they always do something special for not only me, but other people's birthdays. They have this birthday dessert that I fall in love with every time I eat it.

The only thing different tonight than any other night was that the parking lot was empty. So was the inside. It doesn't close until 11pm and it was only 7:45, so I didn't understand why it was so empty. Especially because it's the most popular restaurant.

"Why is it empty?" I asked my parents.

"I'm not sure." Mom replied, looking confused as well. "Is Kylie here?" She asked.

"Yes." I replied. I spot her car, but see she was still sitting inside. I sent her a text letting her know we were here.

Okay <3... why is the restaurant empty tho??

She sent back. Okay, so she was thinking the same thing I was. I sent back a shrug emoji and my parents and I got out of the car. Kylie got out of hers and walked up to us.

"Mr. Franklin, Mrs. Franklin." She greeted my parents. She squealed when she sees me. "Oh my gosh, you look so pretty!" I chuckled. She pulled me in a tight hug. "You're no longer a baby anymore." She said, fake crying.

I rolled my eyes. "Ugh, stop." I chuckled. "Come on." Together with Kylie and my parents, we walked to the golden doors of the restaurant. Dad opened the door for all of us and we stepped in. All of the employees are here, so it couldn't have been closed.

The owner, Ryan Jr. walked up to all of us. "Mr. Ryan." I greeted him.

"Happy birthday, Ms. Aurora." He smiled his ever so friendly smile. "Nice to see you again, my friend." He says to Dad and they both exchange a handshake.

"Mr. Ryan?" Kylie called, pulling his attention to her. "Why is this place empty? It's normally always packed with people." She asked him. The other difference between Kylie and I is that she's too direct. Always asking questions that I don't wanna ask. She's like that with teachers, random people, anyone.

"It was bought out." He replied.

"By who?" I ended up asking.

"His name is Antonio Maricceli. He's the leader of the Organization and he said it was his fiancé's birthday today." No fucking way. My fiancé, who I still haven't met, has bought out the entire restaurant for me. "I could still serve you guys. Get seated."

"That won't be necessary, Ryan." A deep voice interjected. We all turned around and there was a man, around 6'4, looked to be in his early 20s. He had on sunglasses, covering his eyes, and a black suit that made him look dark and mysterious. He was so handsome I could just faint if I stared at him any longer. So I looked at the man standing beside him. He had on sunglasses too and looked really familiar.

"Daniel?" Kylie says, her face just as confused as I was. That is Daniel.

"In the flesh, baby." He replied to Kylie.

The other man's sunglasses were now off. His brown eyes were mesmerizing, I could stare into them all night. "Aurora." He called my name. He knows me. Wait. This can't be. He can't be. "Happy birthday, my beautiful fiancé." It is him.

"You're Antonio?" I asked him. "The guy I'm marrying?"

"I am." He replied. I could faint. Why is he so goddamn beautiful? "Ryan, shall we eat?"

***

Everyone was talking amongst themselves while I sat awkwardly beside my almost husband. This whole time I haven't said anything and neither did he. I didn't know what to say.