01. " SINGLE AND ALONE "

IN REAL LIFE

"ITS BEEN A MONTH, JOEY, you can't let he who shall not be named ruin this all for you," Madeline Quinn, Josephine's closest friend and partner in crime, shook her shoulders as she begged her to shoot her shot. Josephine carefully placed Madeline's hands back in her own lap, "Maddy, I'm perfectly okay just the way I am. Plus, that's weird. He's probably never heard of me."

Madeline rolled her eyes, "Friends with Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo. You are Gracie Abrams' little sister, JJ Abrams' daughter. You're a model, you sang with Gracie when she opened for Eras. He's gotta know who are you. Pop princess, duh." Josephine smiled at her friend's attempt to motivate her with confidence that she found herself lacking lately. "It's alright, Mads, I'll be okay. Single and alone is not going to be me forever. I just need time to recover from my best friend of two years confessing he really liked me and then never asking me out officially just so he can cheat on me. Repeatedly. With eight girls."

Madeline made a face at the comment, causing Josephine to laugh, before Madeline grabbed her friend's phone, "So you'll DM him, right?" Josephine grabbed her phone back, "I'm not messaging Charlie Bushnell on Instagram, idiot. He probably has a girlfriend!" Madeline ignored her friend, taking out her own phone with a giddy smile on her face. "He follows you, oh! And his likes go back like a year! He loves you," She dragged out the word love as Josephine smiled again.

"I don't want to message him, Mads, as much as I love you and I am so happy you want to see me happy. The guy probably has a girlfriend, and if he doesn't, I'd hate to meet that ex. I'm sure she's perfect, considering he looks like that," Josephine threw her phone to the side, far out of either of their reaches while they sat on Madeline's bed. It was their girls night, and Josephine hated the amount of time being spent to talk about boys. Sure, a gorgeous boy, but the mere thought of any boy after Dylan made her sick.

        Madeline simply sighed and threw herself back on her bed, the bustling sounds of New York City calming the two girls. Josephine hadn't been back to LA in two weeks, considering if she did she'd fall back into her slump. She supposed that's why Madeline wanted her to get a boyfriend, or just a new friend who lived in LA to have around. But, Josephine had plenty of friends, there was just none she loved as much as she loved Maddy.

        Madeline was her rock, and she knew all the girl wanted was to look out for her. Although, Josephine didn't want that. She wanted to just have the people she had, and not fuck it up again by making a new friend only to fall in love with them. It wasn't like it was her fault, of course, because Dylan was the fuck up. He cheated (Although, he would classify it as otherwise), on Joey. Totally not her fault.

        Josephine shook her head as she turned her attention back to her best friend, who was watching the movie they had on, "Wanna, maybe, do face masks?" Madeline immediately sat up, "I thought you'd never asked, Joey!"

INSTAGRAM