𝟶𝟹𝟼 | 𝚁𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚃𝚘 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚜

Start from the beginning

And yet, he waited. Klaus waited because in her moments of mental-conflict, it had allowed him to study the woman that plagued his mind for nearly 1000 years. Due to this, he couldn't help but notice the differences about the woman wishing to avoid him.

Leonora had always been a person that piqued Klaus's interest and curiosity, all those years ago in which he first laid his eyes upon her - Niklaus was inevitably drawn to her.

He'd notice the timid nature of Leonora, not because she was shy, but because she kept to herself - an individualist. Her lips spoke words of wisdom that you wouldn't expect from a girl who disliked to socialise.

But, this was different. Leonora's stature showed timidness, because she was purposely refusing to acknowledge his presence, nor had she wished to express her structured master-mind plan of how she'd defeated an enhanced Original and his mother.

Niklaus knew that this Leonora was not the one he'd seen peering over his restricted coffin with worry and care in her eyes.

Slowly standing up, Klaus made sure to keep his difference - knowing the mental change within his lover (?)

"Nora...?" Klaus slowly spoke out, watching her closely. As her eyes finally fell upon him, he was rendered speechless as the unfamiliarity within her eyes - the coldness.

Leonora looked to him as though she were meeting him for the first time - she could not help it. For, all the years she'd spent alone, invisible, and watching others progress with their lives while she was still stuck within the past; it had changed her.

She became emotionally detached from the world as her mind became pre-occupied with her plan and gaining her lover back - having no time for socialising nor taking care of herself. She became unfamiliarised with others talking directly to her and looking at her, rather than naive to her presence as she had expeirenced for three years.

Admist her isolation, she became more mind than feelings, a droid instead of a human being. For three years Leonora had worked day and night, working within the darkness towards one specific goal.

Yet, now that she had that goal, what is she to do now?

Leonora had completed her plan, she'd fought her way through the past and came out victorious. So why does she feel lost?

Looking away from the hybrid, she turned to walk over to the remnants of dust that became of Alaric as he met the wrath of her power. Bending down, she picked up the clumped atoms and watched as it slipped through her fingers.

"Your family would want to see you." Leonora lightly spoke, focusing more on the dust than Klaus.

Looking towards her with furrowed frows, Klaus took a step towards her. "I'm sure they would, to scold me no doubt. Yet, I can't help but worry about you."

Leonora stood back up to full height, putting her hands in her dirited blouze pockets - conscious of the fact that she'd remained dirtied and bloodied from that night three years ago. "You died."

Her words came out forced and strangled, as though she hadn't spoken in a while. The longer Klaus looked at the female, the more confused and worried he became, the factor that her always pristine and clean uniform was in the opposite condition.

"Leonora what happened to you?" He cautiously spoke out, his tone soft yet confused. His worry for the woman he craved increased the longer his eyes remained set upon her stilled figure.

However, before Klaus could receieve an answer, Damon Salvatore came staggering outside of the storage unit warehouse, his hand up-held to his head as though he were hung-over. "Son of a bitch, I-you're alive. How is seven hells are you alive?"