Chapter 24: Sasuke V.S Itachi

Depuis le début

Karin yells. Someone jumps in front of us, causing us to stop.

"I know you..."

Suigetsu says as I glare at the man in front of us. Kisame Hoshigaki.

"Only Sasuke may go beyond this point. Sorry, but it's Itachi's orders. The rest of you are welcome to wait right here with me."

Kisame says and Sasuke nods.

"Fine with me. Besides, we're only traveling as a team is to make sure nothing would get in the way of me getting here."

"No, you can't, Sasuke! Let's take him down then go in together!"

Karin screeches.

"I have no intention of fighting. But if you insist on going with him, I will show no mercy."

"Karin... Stay put. This is vendetta is mine alone."

Sasuke runs past Kisame, leaving us behind.

"Kisame Hoshigaki.. and his sword samehada, the shark skin.."

"What?"

"Did you forget me? I'm Suigetsu Hozuki, the younger brother of Mangetsu."

"Oh. I didn't recognize you! You've grown, Suigetsu."

"It would be boring to just wait around for Sasuke. Why don't we play around a little and some fun, Master Kisame?"

Suigetsu grabs his sword.

"Unlike your brother, you're quite cocky, aren't you? Maybe I should cut you down to size."

Kisame says as he grabs his sword as well. The both start fighting.

"Tsk! Have fun? As if! They're both dead serious! Hey, you guys! Tell them.."

"It's okay. The birds are telling me that there's no one near by to interfere with the fight."

Jugo tells Karin who looks worried, but then looks shocked.

"The Leaf ninja's got stopped a while ago, Karin. So calm down, would you?"

I say then I sit down cross-legged.

"Hey, Jugo. Can I borrow one of those birds?"

"Sure, Lily, but what for?"

"To keep an eye on Sasuke."

Jugo nods and has a bird fly over to me. The bird lands on my left arm. I look in it's eyes and I send my soul into it. (A/N: she can only do this with small animals)

'Good. Now I'd better get going.'

I start flying towards the Uchiha hideout.

~

'The hideout is just ahead.'

I think as I near the hideout. Suddenly, I see a large explosion.

'What the!?'

I fly to the hideout as quick as I could.

~

When I get there, I see Itachi and Sasuke both doing the fire ball jutsu. I land on a wall not far from them.

'I took to long to get here...'

I notice that Sasuke's fire has the upper hand. Blood starts coming out of Itachi's right eye. He uses amaterasu and it burns Sasuke's fire, then puts it out. Itachi tries to hit Sasuke, but Sasuke manages to avoid them for a while, but soon gets hit. Itachi puts out the fire and walks over to Sasuke's burnt body. But it was Sasuke's clone and it disappears..