Chapter 25

NOTE: Guys.... don't be mad that this took ages 🙏🙏🙏 (i'm literally just a girl)

[POV: Narrator]

"You didn't... book a hotel room for me?" Oscar blinked blankly at the girl in front of him, who had just walked him all the way to her hotel room, only to then inform him that he didn't have a room to himself.

Calmly, she shook her head and tried to explain (again), "No. Like I said before, I thought—"

"So when I asked you if you had booked a hotel room and you said that you had booked a hotel room, you lied?" Oscar snapped.

"No! Technically, no! Like I said, I did book a hotel room—"

"For you!"

"Yes, for me! I didn't think—"

"So, okay. First, you tell me I'm coming here with you. Not ask me if I'm coming here with you, tell me I'm coming here with you. Then," Oscar rambled on as Andi tried her best to be the 'nice' Andi she'd promised. She stood and listened as politely as she could, but it was getting increasingly difficult not to go ballistic. "You get annoyed that I am coming with you, as if I was supposed to know that you weren't serious. Then—"

"Okay, Oscar—" Andi tried to cut in, but he wasn't having any of it.

"Then!! After all that, you don't even book me a hotel room?!" His voice was high-pitched now; supersonic, even.

Andi's nerves tensed for a moment before she inhaled and relaxed her shoulders. Through gritted teeth, she repeated: "Like. I. Said." She held her hands out in front of her as she spoke, articulating her words. "I booked the room in advance. Before you were coming!"

"Okay, then I get your room." He said, no hesitation, completely serious before he snatched the keycard from Andi's hand.

Immediately, Andi reached forward to grab it back but Oscar had anticipated her move and dodged her swipe.The girl's repulsed face not so easy to hide any more. "What the hell?! You don't 'get' my room, I bought that room, I—" She reached out once again to grab the keycard from him but again, he moved.

"You forced me to come here," he said, "the least you could do is give up your room for one night." He dodged her once more, stepping further backwards continuously, trying not to burst out into a fit of laughter at Andi's clear struggle.

"I didn't force—" She yelled, stopping herself from lunging at the boy and instead calmed herself down again. She inhaled, exhaled and smiled. A fake smile, clearly. But a smile all the same. "And where would you suggest I go?" She asked, wanting to make him see that what he was suggesting was unfair. (Even though she was the one who failed to inform him that he didn't have a place to stay that night — although, in her defence, Oscar had never bothered to ask about the hotel arrangements, either.)

"You can sleep in your car." He said outright.

"What?!" She snapped again, having to check over her shoulder to see if anyone had heard her screech before returning to her normal volume. "Are you crazy? I'm not gonna sleep in my—"

"Why? You love your car?" Oscar grinned, holding the keycard behind his back.

"Not as much as a bed, I don't!" Andi said, staring at the boy as she attempted to intimidate him.

"Okay, then I'll sleep in your car."

Andi scoffed, "Hah, that's even crazier." She began to laugh, "You think I'm gonna leave you all alone in my Viper? There's no way in—"

"Then we'll have to share."

Andi stopped laughing. Oscar merely shrugged and pretended that what he'd suggested wasn't completely inappropriate, even though internally he was telling himself 'if she yells, run. If she yells, run. If she yells, run.'

But Andi never did yell. She scratched the back of her neck for a moment, looking around as if she was deep in thought — which she was, of course. Going through her mind were the pro's and con's of having to stay in a room with Oscar (who, mind you, was still practically a stranger to her). She thought about how if she was to say no that Oscar would probably have to sleep in her car as the rest of the rooms had been booked up and so, by saying no, she'd basically be abandoning him. Which - to her demise - completely contradicted her new 'being nice' attitude.

So, she was left with no other choice.

"Um—" She said, looking up at the ceiling for a second before looking at Oscar, who thought he'd have been kicked to a pulp by then. "There's no... I guess there's no other option, so-" she hesitated, inhaling deeply once again. She then clapped her hands together and smiled widely. "Okay! It's decided! You can stay in here—" she yanked the keycard from Oscar's numb hand with ease as he'd completely forgotten about guarding it, "with me!"

Andi shuffled into the room as soon as she unlocked it, dragging her duffle bag in with her, not caring that it was hitting the back of her ankled as she went. Oscar didn't follow so quickly; he dawdled, not sure if she was being serious until he heard a "well, come on then!" from inside. When he did in fact move, he shut the door behind him and inspected the place. Andi had already thrown her duffle onto the bed and kicked her shoes off.

"It's bigger than I thought it'd be." She said, looking around. "And, I do believe..." she went silent, leaning onto the bed, looking closely at it. "Yes!" She exclaimed, placing both her hands on one side of the bed frame and pulling it aggressively out towards her. When she did so, the bed split in two, revealing that it was - as Andi thought it was - two single beds merged into one. She continued pulling one of the beds until it hit the wall on the other side of the room, making sure there was maximum space between both of them. "There!" She said, rubbing her hands together as if to clean them. "Problem solved!" She smiled, grabbed something from her duffle and locked herself in the bathroom.

[POV: Andreanna Saunterre]

Eeeeeew! Ew! Ew! Ew! Ew!!!

I collapsed onto the bathroom sink, head in my hands.

I have to share a room— I cringed. With a boy!! I straightened myself up again and began flapping my hands around, disgusted by the thought, wanting to rid myself of it.

God, I winced. Sharing my space with a boy is probably in my top ten worst nightmares. They're so unhygienic, it's insane!

I recalled all the times I'd walked into my dad's bathroom and found a pure, disgusting, mess. I then recalled the times where I'd visited Lando's hotel room and found the same pure, disgusting mess.

Clothes thrown everywhere, shoes on the bed, food left out, and... I shook my head, shutting my eyes. Oh, god! They don't even brush their teeth every day! My lip quivered as I remembered Lando telling me that. It was such an off-hand comment that it didn't register at first, but when it did, I bought him a new toothbrush the next day out of pure repulsion.

God, why did I put myself here?!

I dwelled on that fun question until I decided that regretting one's past decisions was probably not a good use of time. Especially since I had no way of getting out of this.

I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed.

If he's messy, I thought, nodding, you can always hide in the bathroom.

...

But then I realised...

Oh... Oh, god!

I have to share a bathroom with a boy!!!

_____________________