𝓿𝓲𝓲𝓲. for the better pt. 1

Start from the beginning

She licked her lower lip with her tongue and closed her eyes as her father ended the call. There was a brief silence. »Dad,« the girl whispered softly. »Hm?« he looked at her expectantly. »It was just once«, he raised his eyebrows and nodded.

»Of course, it was that, and now I forbid you from hanging out with them.« Maybe you're wondering why her father reacted like that. It was because he despised bands. Babe was supposed to make a career on her own, without anyone thinking they could match the Torres family's talent.

»I never liked that Julie anyway,« Babe looked at him. »You know her parents. They're so unprofessional.«, »Dad, don't talk about her parents like that. Her mother just died, and Ray is really nice,« he laughed.

»Died? Nice? I didn't raise you like this, Babe. As I said, only associate yourself with Trevor's daughter,« as if Carrie could be even remotely as good for Babe as Julie. But Babe couldn't defy her father. She wasn't allowed to.

Her father glanced at her briefly. »Distance yourself from these people. That's for the better. Understood?« Babe nodded hesitantly, but her father looked at her firmly. »Understood,« she replied.

»Now, go to your room or to Carrie's. The two are neighbors. I have to work here,« meaning his colleagues would probably be around. »Okay, Dad, but...« she looked at what he still held in his hands.

»Oh, yes. From now on, you'll take fewer,« Babe looked at him. »What?« she said incredulously. »Dr. Tanner said it himself. Next week would be the time, and since you had so much fun with Julie and the boys, you don't need it as urgently anymore,« Babe shook her head. More and more frequently and faster.

»You can't mean that, Dad. I need them,« he shook his head. »No, you've had the tablets long enough.« Babe still had Quetiapine, but not much. Way too little if her therapist meant what her father just said. »Dad,« she sighed. He only looked into her eyes.

Whenever he did something Babe didn't want, he would then use the most dreadful eyes on her. It felt as if her heart was burning. And she couldn't say anything more against it when he used that look.

»I'm going to Carrie's,« she whispered. She turned to the door and opened it. She wouldn't really go to Carrie's but would find someplace again where she was alone.

𝕷UKE

❝ 𝕴 𝕿HINK-! ❞ Luke and Reggie sat on the studio sofa, watching Alex pacing back and forth

❝ 𝕴 𝕿HINK-! ❞ Luke and Reggie sat on the studio sofa, watching Alex pacing back and forth. »I think he's practicing his model strut,« Reggie whispered to Luke, who, like Reggie, had his eyes fixed on Alex.

»He's so nervous; he's almost making me nervous,« Luke replied. Alex stopped and looked at the guys. »Okay, look, you guys know I don't handle change well,« he explained. »All right? Death? That was a change.« Luke nodded.

It was the most significant change, but surprisingly the least stressful. »Okay? Then we became ghosts. Another change. And now we can be seen whenever we play with the girls. And now we can also touch them? How to handle that?« He was about to freak out, but he was right.

And since Babe could touch Luke's shoulder, it was reasonable to assume that Julie and the guys could touch each other. »Yeah, but it was both good changes,« Luke said.

»If the five of us can touch each other, everything is much easier, and now we can perform with Babe and Julie and ground what we've always wanted to be,« he tried to convince him.

"Come on. I mean, you gotta be down for that," both guys smiled, sitting on the sofa. »Yeah, I mean, who wouldn't be? I just... I wanna figure out why,« Luke shook his head. »Forget why.« He stood up.

»Man, I say we invite the girls to join Sunset Curve,« Reggie did the same. »Yeah, totally. I mean, like, think about it. With two lead singers, this band would be legendary,« Luke looked at him. »Hey! I'm our lead singer,« he said seriously. He didn't want to be replaced.

»Dude, the two have angelic voices and can make us visible,« Luke sighed. »You don't gotta be so mean about it. And we're on the runway again,« he looked at Alex, who was pacing again.

»Okay, I'm sorry, all right? I just... I gotta go clear my head,« he said and walked towards the door, while Luke and Reggie watched him. He tried to open the door by grabbing the handle, but he couldn't manage it.

»Dude, you're a ghost. Just poof out,« Reggie called to him. »Don't tell me how to ghost!« Alex turned to the two and said that sentence a bit too emotionally. But he did what Reggie had told him.

As he disappeared, Luke looked at Reggie. »Should we ask the girls if they want to join our band?« Reggie nodded excitedly.

𝕮HAPTER 𝕰IGHT
───────