Sarocha

I was working part-time when I met her—the girl with a very distinct and mesmerizing feature.

Growing up in this small town, I could tell she was new. They probably moved in recently.

When I saw the woman swing open the door, I almost dropped the pizza boxes I was holding. Her beauty was breathtaking as if she had come straight from an art museum.

"...yes, Mom. Don't worry, everything is already in place," the mesmerizing woman said on the phone.

With her phone resting between her shoulders and ear, she took the boxes from me in one hand and handed me the bills with the other. I ducked and hid under my cap because I could feel myself blushing as her fingers lightly brushed mine. 

"Thanks," she said, and I only replied with a curt nod.

"I'm excited to open my vet clinic too, Mom!" I heard before she shut the door. 

Vet Clinic? So, she's the new veterinarian in town. It's no surprise that everyone is talking about her, aside from her clinic. I'd heard rumors about how attractive the doctor was, and she was. 

I need to see her again.

And so, the next day, I went to the city's animal shelter in search of a furry companion. I can't really make an excuse to see the young veterinarian if I don't have a pet, can I?

When I arrived at the shelter and saw a three-month-old Golden Retriever, I knew I had to adopt him. He's so adorable, warm, and fluffy that it broke my heart to learn that his previous owner abandoned him on the streets when he was only a month old.

I took him in without hesitation, not only because I needed an excuse to see the beautiful, mysterious doctor, but also because I fell in love with the pup.

I named him Sunny, as he is literally.

I've been living alone since my mother died, and the non-stop hustling was my way of dealing with the void. But with Sunny around, I have a reason to work less part-time and spend more time at home.

I also get to see the doctor more often now, which is a bonus. But during our visits, I never really got to talk to her about anything other than Sunny. It's a shame that I've lasted this long, four months later, without at least attempting to befriend her

—until that night.