speak now- spencer

"You don't understand, Spence," you sighed in faux exasperation and he raised a brow, biting back an intrigued smirk when you crossed your legs, bracing yourself on the two-seater of the jet by placing a gentle hand on his knee. "Taylor announced that she's releasing her Speak Now album again."

"That's the one where she's wearing the purple dress, right?" he knew it was, he also knew it would earn him bonus points for remembering and the happiest little smile as you nodded in excitement.

"It is! It's also the one that has songs for both Taylor Lautner and John Meyer on them," you had your phone ready, excitedly showing him some weirdly edited photo with Taylor S in the middle of the two men, a little halo drawn over Taylor L and red horns drawn on John, it was entirely too silly to be such a big part of your day. "And Taylor being the unproblematic king that he is said that he was excited about the release but was praying for John," you scoffed, eyes practically sparkling as you waited for some sort of reaction.

"Has John said anything yet?"

"John knows better than to have an opinion out loud," the little breath that Spencer offered you was about as close to a laugh as you'd get from him this late.

"Have we listened to this album yet?" you hadn't, he knew and he was extremely pleased with himself when you moved even closer to him, very quickly settling against his side with your head on his shoulder so it would be easier to share your earphones with him.

"You might not like it that much, you know, it's not the same style as Folklore and Evermore."

"I don't mind," and he didn't, not one bit because he knew he'd be too busy watching you react to every song, whispering along to the words under your breath, the purest little obsession in the world he thought, him with you and you with Taylor Swift. He made a little mental note to figure out just who the hell Taylor Lautner and John Meyer is.