ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 31

Start from the beginning

"HEY, STOP IT!! YOU'RE THE ONES WHO STARTED THIS!!" Shelly's voice rang out as she confronted the instigators.

Yara approached Vinny, her expression serious as she locked eyes with him. Dom appeared beside her, curiosity etched on his face.

"What happened, Vinny?" Dom inquired, his tone filled with concern.

"YOU GUYS OVER THERE!! IF YOU KEEP STIRRING UP MORE TROUBLE, YOU'LL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM THIS RACE!!!" A staff member intervened, their voice cutting through the chaos.

"COME ON!! GET READY FOR THE NEXT RACE AND GET INTO YOUR POSITIONS, EVERYONE!!" The command echoed across the venue, prompting everyone to refocus on the upcoming race.

Yara wasted no time in pulling Vinny away from the scene, guiding him to a quieter spot away from the rest of the crew.

--

"Hey, they started it first, I just did what I know is rig-"

"Do you think violence is the answer?" Yara's interruption was firm, her gaze unwavering as she met Vinny's eyes.

"If you're just going to scold me, I'm leav- Ack-!"

She flicked his forehead, earning a surprised yelp from Vinny.

"Shush before I punch you in the stomach." Her innocent smile belied the threat in her words. Vinny could only rub his reddening forehead in response.

Yara noticed the bruise on Vinny's hand and reached into her pocket. She pulled out an ointment and began applying it carefully to his injured hand, her movements gentle despite his occasional flinches.

"Do you usually carry that around with you?" Vinny's curiosity got the better of him as he watched her work.

"Well, yes. It's from my home country, and it's very effective," she explained, continuing to apply the ointment before covering the bruise with a bandaid.

"You're all set!" Yara's cheerful tone returned as she showed Vinny his treated hand. He offered a small smile in gratitude before patting her head.

"Thanks..."

They rejoined the rest of the crew, who greeted them warmly.

"Shouldn't you rest today? Will you be able to ride?" Minu's concern was evident as he glanced at Vinny's injured hand.

"Look who's talking. Don't worry about me." Vinny's response was laced with his usual behavior.

As the crew huddled together, discussing their strategy for the upcoming race, tension hung in the air. They knew that victory would require careful planning and coordination, especially against formidable opponents like the Bullet Crew.

"Whew, fine.. then like we said before," Minu began, his voice carrying a hint of determination. "Shelly will start off the race," he continued, assigning roles to each member of the team.

Yara listened intently as Minu outlined the plan.

"Yara will be second," Minu declared, turning to her with a reassuring smile. Yara nodded.

"Dom will ride on the straightaway," Minu continued, his voice steady and confident. Dom nodded in agreement, his eyes focused on the task ahead.

"June will handle the uphill part since roads are the most suitable for uphill," Minu added, acknowledging June's strength as a rider.

Finally, Minu turned to Vinny. "And Vinny, you'll finish with the last part of the course that has lots of cornering-"

But before Minu could finish, Yara interjected. "Actually..."

The crew turned to look at her, curiosity evident in their eyes. Yara met Vinny's gaze, a determined expression on her face.

"Can me and Vinny swap? I'll handle the hardest part," Yara proposed, her voice steady and confident.

Vinny opened his mouth to object, but Yara quickly cut him off. "I just checked up on your wrist and it was stretched, it would be risky for you especially on the corners," she explained, her concern evident in her eyes.

There was a moment of silence as the crew processed Yara's suggestion. They watched as Vinny weighed his options, his expression conflicted.

"Still-" Vinny began, but Yara interrupted him with a promise. "I'll promise to win the race."

The crew exchanged glances, silently communicating their agreement. After a moment of deliberation, Vinny finally relented. "Fine," he admitted defeat, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

With the matter settled, the crew rallied together, their spirits lifted by their newfound unity. "Alright! Let's win among ourselves today even though Jay isn't here!" Dom declared, his voice filled with determination.

"THE 8TH RACE BETWEEN HUMMINGBIRD CREW AND BULLET CREW WILL BEGIN IN 15 MINUTES."

"WE ASK THAT PARTICIPANTS FROM EACH TEAM PLEASE GET READY."

.

.

.

𝕿𝖔 𝕭𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖚𝖊𝖉.