Chapter 7: blood and tears

Lexington kentucky: 12:30 pm

Granted this only took a few hours , flying wise, i was dreading today. But i knew hopefully today would go well. Besides im hoping grandma mae cooks her delicious brownies. I got up out of bed and saw that maisy was up she asked " morning? Lauren, are you okay? You look a bit pale?" i nodded, " yep just nervous anxiety through the roof and my demons, well we all know how that goes. They eat away at your thoughts till they can get you to break down and become a hollow shell. Ill be fine till i get monster in me."

My outfit of the day left to right in order- Lauren, Courtney, Maisy, zilas: picture above

Courntey asked, " are you sure i shouldnt wear something more?" i brushed it off, " babe your fine. I just want to get this done and over with.

3:00 pm louisville kentucky

Family reunion

I spoke, "I forgot how huge our backyard is." thats when i was crushed by my aunt mae, " omg you have grown so much. I missed my niece so much." i smiled, " its good to see you aunt mae. I would like to introduce you to a few people, aunt mae this is maisy and zilas king and queen of wolves." i smiled and she was very bright, " its a pleasure to meet you both. Whos this aodrbale cutie." i saw courtney blush, " aunt mae, this is my fiance, courtney spencer."

She smiled, " its nice to meet you courtney, welcome to the family. i know the family will just love you especially mom, she makes the best brownies." i laughed, " its true she really does." courtney said, " thank you miss. But ill have to pass honestly." she said, " thats fine. We have a lot of food options-" i kinda mentioned in a more silent terms to aunt mae, " oop. My bad hun. I had no idea. I still know the family will love ya."

We started to meet the other family members, and it was really nice to get to see the family again. That was until he showed up. So one person who is very against me being me, and more or less gonna try and be petty as hell is grandpa louie, he was a second father to me, till i dated him. Archer kingsley. Hottest guy in highschool, captain of the mathletes. Cutest band geek. But honey trust me this boy was ripped, made all the girls swoon. And most guys on the sports team actually envied him. Shocker i know.

" hey lauren. Long time no see still a goth?" i made a snarky remark, " still the worlds biggest douche? By the way are you still with oh wait who was it? Lindsey?" he stayed quiet for a moment. " well i see your with someone new anyways. Hows that turning out?" i smiled, " very good actually. I would like you to meet my fiance, courtney." his mouth slightly hung open.

" i must get going. It was nice to see you again lauren. I wish you best wishes with your engagement and marriage." i made a petty wave bye. And he stormed off. " god he is an ass." i held cournteys hand and so things went well for a little while.

5:39 pm-Dinner

Things were going well when my dad showed up to the table, " hi honey, haven't seen you in forever. How about you give your old man a hug?" i did but shuddered doing so.. " honey whos this?"

I had a big ass smile on my face, " this is maisy and zilas king and queen of wolves. And this lovely lady is Courtney, my fiance." aunt mae came over and said, " i take you introduced him? Did you tell him the news yet?" i paused, " no but i will now. Thanks aunt mae." i dug through my purse and pulled out an envelope. " here you go dad. Surely you would just love to come."

I made sure there was sarcastic venom on my voice. He asked, " whats this for?" i smiled, " oh dad, im getting married. Whats it look like?" i smiled waiting to be petty as hell. " no. i am sorry but no. i will not have my daughter marry to a family of vampires." thats when he tried to rip my ring off my hand. " get your fucking hands off me."