Chapter 1: Rebel of Hope

Maisy and zilas's apartment

Junior year of college

Maisy's pov

I woke up to the wonderful feeling of warmth. I barley open my heavy eyes, " good morning my love." i smiled hearing his sleepily sounded voice. " good morning my alpha." he wrapped over my waist and pulled me closer. His soft lips platning a kiss on mine.

I smirked telling him, " i could get used to this.. Waking up to you." i felt his lips trail lower to my neck. " as would i mi amor. You are the highlight of my day. You are my light in this dark world we live in." i felt his hands become rather frisky. I felt sage try to push through, " im going to take a shower before this one takes over." i pecked his lips, leaving him high and dry.

I felt a trail of eyes follow me into the bathroom. I had nothing but a towel on. Lets keep this pg for now. ;)

Laurens pov

Courtney and laurens apartment

I woke up feeling a pair of arms wrapped around me. I smiled looking over my shoulder. I saw a sleeping angel next to me. I got to be one of the luckiest girls in the world to have a girlfriend like courtney. Shes honestly the best thing to ever walk into my life. She made me a better person for myself and her.

I tried my best to sneak away, when i felt her soon be on top of me. " where you going little one?" i felt my face turn red, " i have to take a shower my love." her fangs started to show, i felt my heart race a little. " im the luckiest girl in the world." she smiled, " and so am i but im the luckiest vampire." we laughed, but soon she let me up, " dont be too long my love. We dont have classes today and we are meeting my parents later for dinner tonight." oh snap i forgot about that.

Later that day

I was texting maisy when i finished cutting up tomatoes. I wanted to make a blt salad so. I thought why not try it. Plus ive been meaning to cook more so.. But thats when i sliced my finger open. " cheeseballs-snowglobes. Crap ow." i grabbed a towel covering my finger. Tears welling in my eyes.

I soon saw a worried courtney next to me, " babe whats wrong? I heard you swear." she soon looked down to see me holding a towel over my hand. " what happened?" i pulled off the towel and thats when tears fell. It has to be one of the worst pains ive felt in my entire life. She asked, " what happened? You know your not supposed to do this."

she joked, " i know i never thought this would happen." the pain grew more, and more tears fell, i laughed, " im trying my best to hold it in." she sighed, " its okay to cry my love. Its the normal emotions. Especially for a vampire. Come on ill grab the first aid kit in the bathroom."

After getting bandaged up: hour before dinner

Laurens outfit: black   Courtneys outfit: red

Maisys's pov

Maisys's pov

After classes: back at the apartment

I got back from classes to see zilas and my adoptive parents talking. I questioned, " mom? Dad? What are you guys doing here?" mom hugged me, " oh i missed you so much." dad said, " we missed you so much honey." i questioned once again, " i missed you guys too but may i ask what you guys are doing here?" mom said, " cant we visit?" i questioned, " you can visit but i just wanna know who died?" dad said, " no one except your aunts love life." mom said, " eric be nice." he rolled his eyes, " what you know its true. Besides its not our keep her legs shut."

I tried to change the topic. " okay so visitation to?" mom said, " would you want to come to a dinner with us tonight?" i said, " sure? Any special reason?" dad said, " we would like for you to come to a family dinner tonight." i questioned, " so whos going to all be here?" she said, " Micaiah, Sadie, Baine, and Dj." i sighed in sorrow, " alright. Ill go, but can zilas come with?"

Mom replied, " if that makes you more comfortable then yes." i looked to zilas and he nodded, " alright what time and where?" she said, " the gourmet cuisine restaurant?" i said, " oh you mean the violet doumount. Zilas and i had our first date there. Delicious food."

Dad said, " 7:30 pm tonight." i nodded, " we will be there."

Half and hour before dinner

After getting my hair done and blowdried after the shower i pulled out an outfit. 

my mom told me to dress really fancy for this dinner so i chose something that suited to me but also had a classy flare to it

The violet doumount

7:30 pm

We arrived and it still had the delicious vibe to it. You could smell a set of gourmet dishes floating through the air. It smelled so delectable. Mom explained to the waiter with the reservations. And he said, " the other half of your party has arrived already." oh yippee like anyone actually wants these fuckers here. Okay maybe micaiah hes the only good one.

The only one who actually had my back with the hell that went down. Ill explain during dinner about what when down. It will give me a chance not to talk to anyone.

During dinner

It seemed to peaceful, with a starting appetizer. Everything was delicious as normal. But had a taste of lemon in the air. I had a little bit of the shallow fried mushrooms. I then heard a set of undiscovered footsteps, but when i heard his voice, my blood ran cold. " hi honey. Who is this?" mom questioned. And sadie looked at me dead in the eyes and smiled, " your ex."

I let out a growl and sage glowed. My eyes shining a gold shimmer. There mouths dropped open. Micaiah asked awkwardly, "Anyone want tea?" i heard zilas hold back a choking laugh, " ill take it."