Chapter70: Uzumaki

Start from the beginning

"What about my boy Minakami? He's fifteen years old, about this tall. He never looks people in the eye and doesn't talk much. Have you seen anyone like that?", one middle aged man cried frantically as he rose from his seat.

"Please calm down. I can't account for everyone you may be looking for. There's only so much that Tamakiku can do. If it's possible, we might convince her to look for them when she returns. However, even that does guarantee much. Before you lot, she recovered a number of our clans folk and even then the children were a minority. We've prepared to accept the worst news, but until then, let us work towards regaining our stance.", Mizubana said sincerely.

"You see? This is why her daughter was the only person to catch the main family's attention. She's got a good head on her shoulders.", one person said, causing Miszubana to sigh. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

"We'll be having breakfast soon, so please settle in. I'll be right with you.", she said, before standing up and heading out. As she did so, she couldn't help but wonder just how Tama got rid of the smell of death. However, it was nothing to be concerned about. With the coming of this new lot, she gained an unreasonably large amount of new patients, and in truth Mizubana was no medic. She was just grateful for the fact that had rsised her fair share of people in her day, and there were people there to help her now as opposed to back then.

The moment she stepped out, the hall erupted in a into a loud chatter, almost reminiscent of the way the clan was back in Uzushio.

"We were really revived? It feels like I just woke up from a deep sleep!", one young man asked excitedly. He studied his hands with wonder.

"My hands feel like a baby's! So soft and... I can't believe I have hand again!", he cried, tears streaming down his face like water in a river.

"Calm down son, these bodies feel a bit delicate, so don't be rough.", a much older man said.

Suddenly, the unreasonablely large shogis were pushed open, causing the room to fall into a hush. Several heads of red rushed in with fresh food and drink.

"Hey! Hey, Haruto! Haruto, is that you brother?", one woman called out as she shot up from her seat. Haruto set down the large bowl of eggs and wiped at his brow. He look around, squinting to see that face better since looking hair wouldn't help. However, all he needed was her silhouette.

"Nami nee-san?", he choked out. The woman was next to him in seconds. She held him by the shoulders, studying his every feature before finally hugging him.

Haruto was shocked, to say the least, but he aught to have expected something like this to happen. He himself was lucky to have been chosen to rise. Now, his sister as well? The heavens really must have loved him. Hotaru was going to flip when he saw her.

"You're here as well? I can't believe it.", he breathed. Nami sighed in relief.

"It's me, otōto. I'm here.", she laughed. They immediately went to sit down and joined in on the feast, chatting away as they did so. It ended up being a large reunion, something like from a dream, and in all honesty, no one wanted it to end.

...

"You're all coming along well. I'm glad.", Mizubana said as she knelt next to her patients. She couldn't wait for Tama's return, the girl was in for big surprise indeed.

"It's only thanks to your hard work, Mizubana-sama. We must thank you for you efforts.", one especially young woman said. Mizubana smiled but said nothing as she watched them eat. She didn't know whether or not Tama knew what she had done when saving these particular people, but she was beyond ecstatic at best.

"Kazemi-san, how far along are you?", one of the ladies asked. Kazemi hummed merrily as she swallowed her food. At this point, Mizubana had drowned out their conversation, and was long lost in thought.

...

The Sarutobi clan residence was always a vibrant place to be. The clan were largely a docile bunch, and there were barely any conflicts. Ever since Hiruzen's passing, after a lengthy battle to protect Konoha, Asuma was placed as clan leader. He was set to marry Kurenai during the course of the year, probably after the Chūnin exams.

While he was never alone, Konohamaru wasn't very satisfied with his clan, and so he spent more time with Kurenai if every she was around. With her, she was just Konohamaru, and the not the honourable grandson. You see, while Moegi and Udon were around to play and train with, it wasn't everyday that they could be together, and they couldn't quite fill the gaping hole in his heart...

He missed Naruto, so he trained hard so he could impress him the next time they met. He missed Tama, Akira and Karin, but no one could tell him what happened to them. Karin and Akira disappeared first, and he assumed thta they went back home after visiting Tama for a few months, but then Tama vanished as well. He missed how she always spoke about his parents, how they were some of the most proficient shinobi she had ever seen.

He missed hearing her talk about how they met and how when he was born, his mother refused to do anything if it didn't involve him. One thing she refused to tell him was how they died, always saying that it was better that he didn't know.

However, he was happy, he was proud of his parents. He was proud of Tama for not being like other people and not talking about his parents. He was proud of his uncle for stepping in and being there for him when he was all alone. However, he still missed Tama. He wanted to see her, and he hoped that her absence was only because of a mission. Otherwise, he would most definitely lose his might.