11. She visits Her

Start from the beginning

"Hamare toh thaane ke saamne wali street light bhi pichle do mahine se jhap jhap kar rahi hai", Haseena murmured, veering her jeep at the next turn.

And as she happened to see a passerby, Haseena slowed down.

"Ji suniye!"

The man stopped, turning to her, and shock registered on his face as he saw her uniform.

"Karishma singh ka pata bata sakte hain aap?"

"H-Humein...nahi..nahi pata!" The man fumbled before starting to walk away, more like race away.

Haseena's eyes narrowed in suspicion but before she could address it, another voice interrupted. Turning to the other side, she saw a young girl of around 15 knocking at the glass.

"Karishma didi se milna hai? Humein pata hai unka address".

"Shukriya! Aap humein rasta dikha dengi?" Haseena asked, unlocking the door.

The girl looked at her face for a second before pulling open the door and joining her on the passenger seat.

"Aap kyun dhoondh rahi hain didi ko? Unhe arrest toh nahi karengi na?" The girl suddenly turned to her with wide horrified eyes.

Haseena smiled, eyes on the road. "Unhone kuch galat kiya hai?"

"Nahi! Didi bahot achi hai. Ekdum hero ki tarah hai. Zanjeer ke amitabh bachchan ke jesi!"

"Acha!" Haseena laughed, recalling the last she had seen of her.

"Itni achi hain toh arrest kyun hogi?" Haseena questioned veering the car to the right.

"Arre zanjeer ka amitabh acha hota hai, par maar pitai bhi toh karta hai na. Didi ka ek funda hai- har rog ka ilaaj, ghoosa, mukka aur laat", The girl explained, and Haseena raised her brows in response.

No wonder, Ms singh could fight. Experience was speaking.

"Par baaton se toh bahot hi sehensheel aur suljhi hui lagti hain, ms singh", She murmured amused.

"Ye lijiye, aa gayi Singh Haveli".

Haseena stopped the car and bid the girl bye, who ran away into the next alley while Haseena stepped out of the car and looked at the old havelli with mild interest.

"Must be at least 150-year-old", She remarked and slowly walked through the ajar iron gates, passing through a garden before halting in front of wooden doors twice her height.

And apparently, they weren't bolted either. Gingerly, she pushed at the doors and slowly stepped inside.

Kishan who was just coming downstairs from the opposite end, spotted Haseena and recognized her.

Haseena watched as an unfamiliar man walked over to her, his build screaming bouncer in all 22 official languages.

"Humein Ms Sing-Karishma singh se milna tha", she stated her purpose and he nodded.

"Aap baithiye, hum aate hain", Having said that, he escorted Haseena towards the sitting area, while disappearing at the other end.

Few minutes later, the man emerged with a woman in tow, carrying a tray. And while the woman placed the tray in front of her, the man walked up the stairs he had come down not long ago and disappeared from her view.

Smiling, Haseena took the offered juice of glass, and looked around the hall, making note of the tasteful decor.