4. About Her

Magistrate's gaze alternated between the two people sitting in the back, and then shaking his head, he shifted his eyes back to the papers in his hand.

Karishma could feel Dalal singh bristling by her side, while she had her arms crossed in magnanimous discomfort, the itch in her fist was quite pressing after all.

"I won't let that murderer roam free!" Dalal singh hissed under his breath for the nth time, making Karishma's head snap in his direction, her eyes not masking her anger.

"Ek aur baar bolo tum ye, gaad denge tumko aur fir jayenge jail", She retorted and then turned away as she heard the magistrate chiding them for their loud murmurs.

"I have seen the convict's behaviour reports- The magistrate began, and Karishma found herself hanging to his every word.

"-and based on that, I approve Loha Singh's application for parole".

And with that, a loud bang was heard as Karishma clapped her chair's wooden handrest with full force and beamed.

"Aise kese! Khooni hai wo!" Dalal Singh shot to his feet and started shouting. "Mere masoom bhai ka khoon kiya hai usne!"

"Tumhara bhai tumhare jitna hi masoom tha!" Karishma smirked, looking up at him.

"Ghusne nahi denge usse hum sitapur main!" Dalal singh declared. Karishma rose from her seat then and glared straight into his eyes. "Jo ukhadna hai ukhad lo!"

"Mind your manners, both of you!" The magistrate thundered, after having enough of their fight. Karishma was quick to bow her head in apology and take a step back.

"Karishma Singh, convict's parole was approved because he had been on his best behavior for the past 4 years, and with this approval I hope, he will be able to re-integrate back into the society".

"Ji sir".

"Also, Loha singh is not allowed to leave the country without permission, and he must report to his parole officer, every 3 days", With that said, he forwarded a document towards Karishma and she secured it.

"Thank you, sir!" She beamed yet again, and twisting on her heels, walked out of magistrate's office.

She was so happy! Her dadda was coming home!!

-----------------

19:00

Iqbal and Badnam waved frantically, as Haseena's jeep sped away from the thana. And when they were about to get back to their usual banter, a bike pulled up in front of their shop. They watched in curiosity as a woman then got off the bike in style and removing her helmet, strapped it to the back.

She was about to walk away, but paused, stepped back and leaned down to check herself in the side mirror, her fingers deftly lifting the hair that had been flattened down, owing to the helmet.

Once satisfied, she adjusted the collar of her red pathani kurta and smiled.

However as she looked up, she found two men, stuck by each other, staring at her.

"Kaa?" Withdrawing to her full height, her face now mired in a scowl, she rounded the bike and faced the duo.

"Kaa ghoor rahe ho?" She asked, her brow raised, and hands planted on her waist.

"Main nahi ghoor raha tha, ye ghoor raha tha", Iqbal pointed to Badnaam and quickly stepped back. Badnaam as ever, too slow to register what was happening, didn't see it coming.

And was slapped away, into the pillar behind. Iqbal's palm immediately flew to his cheek in fear while the woman finally walked away and into the thana.