Spies AU

Agency
Big carmen sandiego vibes.
The spies company is v like v.i.l.e. except they're actually moral and working to keep the bad guys in check like carmen. This doesn't mean they're good people, they still steal fight and kill a lot. Sometimes a little beyond the necessary. They get paid a lot and enjoy a lot of free time so all employees get to really enjoy their job. A lot of recruits are originally low key criminals that show a lot of promise, but can still be guided down the right path.

Leader: A/Alyssa. She runs the company and has the final say in everything. No one knows A's identity save for one. Team leaders and a rare other few have seen her face to face, but they still don't know her name. Meeting her is the last trial. If they fail that, they die. Any other time before then they get to leave freely. (Under observation, ofc)
Second in command: Z/Zilar. Few people know his real name, though they have seen his face far more often than A. Z is A's messenger, spokesperson and the face of the operation. He is also the company's most skilled agent. His missions are usually conducted alone, though sometimes he might join a group mission if they're down a member.

Teams:
Oroborus team
- Jax/viper: leader/grifter. Knows A
- Sorrel/copperhead: grifter
- Robin/fer-de-lance: grifter/thief/drifter. Sometimes backup. Doesn't join smaller missions
- Atlas/python: hitter
- Raye/cottonmouth: hacker
- Ezra/adder: thief
- Alex/diamondback: hitter. Doesn't join smaller missions, sometimes conducts pairs missions with Jen. Knows A. Started as thieves, they learned to survive on the streets alone. Skilled in silent thieving, fighting and some level of parkour, they showed enough potential to catch A's attention. When they were finally caught, the spies swooped in before their conviction to make their offer. Alyssa approached them in person as a peace offering as she felt they wouldn't trust her otherwise. They easily accepted her offer and became paired agents. In training they met the vipers and became good friends, so they were integrated into the team. Though they still do a lot of pair missions as well.
- Jen/cobra: thief. Doesn't join smaller missions, sometimes conducts pairs missions with Alex. Knows A. Backstory same as Alex. Likes Aiden even tho he's a cop
- Briar/sidewinder: grifter, backup team
- Brooke/coral: hitter, backup team
- Ace/hognose: hacker, backup team
- Beau/mamba: thief, backup team

Idols team
- Altan/strixx: leader/hitter. Knows A
- Indra/viridian: grifter
- Raph/orson: hitter
- Liana/lupine: hitter/grifter
- Luc/ivory: thief
- Zenko/zorro: grifter/thief, backup team
- Amelia/firecrest: grifter/drifter, backup team
- Ansel/chelonia: hacker, backup team

Hex team
- Ava/bolt: leader/hitter. Sometimes does pairs missions with Leto. Knows A. Originally worked to become a cop, she believed in justice and morality. The true state of the police force came as a huge shock and she struggled to keep her head up. One day she was sitting outside when someone joined her. A few sympathetic words made way for a full vent. When ava was done the stranger suggested an alternative path. Before ava had time to process it, she was gone. A week later she returned, and Ava accepted. On meeting A, she discovered that it was her she'd met at the beginning.
- Leto/jinx: grifter. Sometimes does pairs missions with Ava. Knows A. Grew up as a rich girl but only got presents not presence. Started acting out for attention, eg stealing and some property damage. Stayed mainly in the rich neighbourhood because they've got plenty of stuff. Eventually her parents put her in a boarding school a long way away so she decided to pull her biggest stunt yet, stealing a helicopter. She wasn't stupid enough to try to fly it but activated its motors and left a lipstick heart on the dashboard. Obviously that stunt got her kicked out and sent to prison. Her parents didn't come for her but A did. She made great work as part of the hex team but especially with Ava. One day they received a mission that was just for the two of them. It went well and soon after were officially paired agents. Not long after that, Leto had her first meeting with A. She came out with sparkling enthusiasm and a new hero. They still mostly do team missions, their paired status is secondary. Also enjoys flirting with the opposition, especially a certain young cop(eris).
- Ari/eclipse: hacker
- Dash/crux: hitter, backup team
- Ellie/kismet: thief, backup team
- Maxwell/bind: hacker, backup team
- Marc/augr: drifter

Blades team
- Cent/dagger: leader. Knows A.
- Asteria/lance: grifter
- Vi/sword: hitter. Originally a cop, it took a lot longer than he wanted to admit to realize what he had got himself into and even longer to build up the courage to leave. Has many regrets. Recieved his offer as a letter delivered a few days after he quit.
- Mei/chakram: grifter, backup team
- Toni/axe: hacker, backup team
- Sora/sickle: thief, backup team

Recruits
- Topaz: leader, gems team
- Zen/lapis: grifter, gems team
- Iskra/sunstone: hitter/drifter, gems team
- Kit/onyx: hitter, gems team
- Rose/quartz: thief, gems team
- Rio/mercury: leader, blight team
- Ruby/aconite: grifter, blight team
- Anise/arsenic: hacker, blight team
- Tox/aqua tofana: drifter, blight team. Newest recruit

Cops
The police force is extremely corrupt and a large portion are no better than criminals themselves, if not worse. It's a breeding ground for toxic traits, encouraging exploration and indulgence of repressed desires. Those that join looking to improve the world and support the community find themselves ostracised and alone, and facing a daily battle against peer pressure and toxicity. The small amount of good workers that stay make sure to keep together as much as possible to keep up morale and morals.

Leader
: Weaver. As the man on top it's no surprise he demonstrates the pinnacle of police corruption. His desire for power and control led him to build his way to the top through often unsavoury means. He commands with an iron fist, and a pinch of paranoia that one day someone may tip the tables and drag him back down. He has made deals with several corrupt corporations to allow them to continue criminal activity so long as he gets a share. Unfortunately for him, that stupid spy agency keeps getting in the way.

Divisions
Faceless division
- Shaun: leader
- Chase: undercover
- Oli: fighter
- Vix: fighter
- Brett: fighter

Eidolon division
- Dee: leader
- Jas: undercover
- Jade: fighter
- Dinah: fighter. Less corrupt
- Eris: intelligence. Not corrupt. Actually got the same offer as Ava early on starting but chose to keep going with his current path instead.
- Ranson: drifter. Weaver's nephew so gets special treatment. Mostly just messes around not doing a lot to help, but complains if hes not brought along which gets them in trouble. Any complaints about him get ignored completely.

Paladins division
- Cal: leader. Not corrupt.
- Kier: undercover. Not corrupt.
- Aiden: fighter. Not corrupt. Secretly likes Jen
- Mira: fighter. Not corrupt.
- Eddy: intelligence. Not corrupt.
- Aspen: intelligence. Not corrupt.

Bad guys
- Hunter: killer. Marked extremely dangerous. Mostly dealt with by Z himself.
- Edwin: corrupt businessman, deals with Jake and Weaver.
- Jake: corrupt businessman, deals with Edwin and Weaver.

Civilians
- Sofia: journalist. Alerts A on potential recruits/watchers. has a thing for alex
- Isobel: lawyer. Dating Mira
- Steven: business. Brother and heir to Jake, but not corrupt
- Jim peralta: lawyer. Alerts A on potential recruits/watchers.