02

𝑨𝑹𝑨𝑩𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑨 𝑬𝑽𝑨𝑵𝑺

"At Titan Institute, we are strong and united. Together we reach heights, we are fearless. With knowledge and courage, we conquer tomorrow. At Titan Institute, excellence is our flame."

I rolled my eyes upon hearing that song again.

The cheerleaders sang that stupid song at the beginning of each semester for the freshmen, as if that would cheer up those who are nervous for not knowing anyone here. I say this because when I arrived here last year and heard that song, my desire was to go back to where I came from.

We barely arrived at the reception, and I already feel like I'm suffocating: red, blue, yellow, white, and of course, black uniforms move back and forth like determined schools of fish in the sea.

People seemed lost, some excited about the start of classes, and others quite nervous. It was a colorful mess, literally.

The students grouped themselves according to their specializations, each group wearing uniforms of different colors for identification. Music students wore light blue, visual arts students wore various shades of green, dance students wore white with accessories and customizations, theater and cinema students wore yellow, and psychology students, like me, wore red, while law students wore black.

"Do you know the movie Bird Box?" Karen asks me as we cross the lawn.

"The one where people have to walk with blindfolds because if they look at the mysterious creatures, they simply want to commit suicide?"

"Exactly!" She agreed, excited. "Well, every semester, this silly song is the creatures."

"And where do we fit into this story?" I asked, laughing at the comparison.

"We're the ones committing suicide!" She said, laughing loudly and catching the attention of other students.

Karen has already thrown shade at them. She has already said out loud how much she would like to kill them. Fortunately, she was not a murderer, psychopath, or anything like that. But they don't understand. These cheerleaders are Karen's worst nightmare. Almost every day, every month. Always. They are always gathered on the lawn trying to look like high school students, climbing on top of each other shouting an improvised song.

We saw the cheerleaders try an acrobatic maneuver, stacking on top of each other. The scene looked like something out of a comedy movie and then, with a crash, they all fell to the ground in a tangle of arms and legs, making us laugh even louder. Karen couldn't stop laughing, and I joined her.

"Now, that's a great reception."

Then everything literally stopped.

First, it was Karen's own face that stopped talking to look to the side, then I followed her gaze to see what she had interrupted herself to look at, and all I could see was the people from that university on normal days. Carrying books, the hot sun, and... then I realized what all the girls were looking at.

They were looking at them.

It was the time when the infernal dictators went out to celebrate.

Blake Gray and Nolan Ackles walked across the grass as if they were on a red carpet. Despite ignoring everyone, it doesn't take much effort to know that they like attention.

Yes, they were incredibly handsome, but I found it a bit exaggerated the attention they received every time they passed by. They were just normal guys, nothing out of the ordinary. Still, the girls seemed hypnotized.