Vol-1 Ch-9 The One Stop

Start from the beginning

Maybe from the next month, the class competitions will be starting so I didn't want to reveal myself as the owner as it would hurt the sales. Other classes would boycott the store and I am pretty sure, the seniors too wouldn't want to give points to a junior.

Main expense was the property which was worth 87 million points. It was the best property available . Buying the wholesale used products took nearly a million points and another million was used for the renovation and hiring handymen.

Even though it was one of the biggest shop in the campus, it would still be hard to compete with already established ones.

So I used a trick as old as time, the easiest way to the top is to drag down the competition. I knew I had to tarnish the reputation of my competition. So began my second phase of the plan.

During the first few days when I was busy on the programming. Chiaki was scouting potential employees under the guise of shopping with her girlfriends. She sent me a list of people who work at the target stores. There job was the delivery of heavy products, after all a highschooler cannot take a 55 inch TV or furniture on their own. So there job was to deliver them to the dorms.

I anonymously recruited them, they would bring the goods they were delivering to a location, from a route with no surveillance, where a handyman would damage the product in a way that wouldn't look like the delivery guy's fault. Then the guy would deliver the goods. The cases of defect would increase and soon people will loose their faith. I did this within the first week because that would be the time when many first year students would buy.

No-one other than Chiaki, Sotomura and me knew about this. It was a busy couple of weeks. This whole plan along with establishing backups and contingencies, to check if everything was running smoothly and attending the classes left me mildly tired.

The results were already showing, the school forum was full of complaints and very few people visited those store anymore. On the other hand there was a lot of excitement about a new store with the name 'One Stop' was creating a buzz.

The grand scale of the store impressed many people. Everything from electronics, clothes, furnitures, gaming and sports equipments, kitchen utensils etcetera.

It's Grand Opening was scheduled for today and everyone in the campus were invited. With the appeal of free refreshments, most of my classmates were going to the opening after school. The boys group were going with Karuizawa group, the reason being Hirata not able to choose a group.

As the classes for the day ended, we gathered around to leave together. But before we could leave, Kushida and her group joined us as well. It was a crowd of 27 people.

As we were walking towards the place, I saw Kushida trying to have a conversation with Horikita, who surprisingly joined us. Although she doesn't seem to have a lot of success.

Meanwhile, Karuizawa was walking by my side. This was becoming a common occurrence nowadays.

"Satou-san, what do you think they will sell at the store, it would be really hard to control myself if they are selling latest collection of clothes. I have already spent most of my points. Sigh, only if someone here could buy me some." Karuizawa finished by looking at me.

"You do understand that the whole purpose of the store is to sell at a cheap price." Keisei said condescendingly.

"Oh shut up, you think you are smarter than us, don't you? You are wrong both Ayanokouji-kun and Hirata-kun are smarter than you." Karuizawa said. She suddenly became defensive, although for a moment she had an unreadable expression on her face.

"I never said that, you should stop assuming what others think, you come of as a rude individual."

"Oh yeah, and you think you are not being rude right now, Ayanokouji-kun please tell him to stop annoying me." she looked at me with a cute face.