The day after.

You woke up and stretched and walked out of the apprentice den yawning. You walked over into the clearing seeing a lot of cats not only on edge but also had injuries. A sudden wind went past tugging on your fur..You heard mammoth star talking with Smoke tuft. "We need to send out patrols but we need to send out the strong cats but a lot of our cats have been injured.." mammoth star mewed sighing sounding defeated. You looked around noticing how injured some of the cats are. You realized Snake paw coming out of the apprentice den with Mud paw and Flow paw. You wondered where Silent paw was however you decided they were probably fine. You went back to listening to Smoke tufts and Mammoth star's conversation. "We could send the more injured yet able to cats on a hunting patrol and then the more able and strong cats can go on a border patrol." Smoke tuft suggested. Mammoth star sighed. "Your right but a lot of the cats have fought with all there strength last night and are fairly tired.." mammoth star spoke sounding defeated still. You got up and quickly walked over "I can go on a border patrol!" You spoke and Mammoth star looked at you somewhat surprised that you had heard them talking. Smoke tuft responded to you. "You have that nasty scar on your side that hasn't fully healed yet.." Smoke tuft spoke silently thinking slightly. "I think I'll send you on a hunting patrol.." Smoke tuft spoke before calling for all strong and willed enough cats to gather around for patrols. A few cats had come considering how the medicine cats came out and judged which cats were strong enough to go on a patrol. "Flow paw, Solar paw, Echo gaze, and Hawk wish you all will be going on a hunting patrol. Thrush claw, Snake paw, Mud paw, Fox dawn you all will go on a patrol with me to the Ver-I mean..Poison clan border part of the Half Creek. I will lead the patrol." Smoke tuft spoke getting up collecting there cats for the border patrol and then running out of the camp. You got up looking at the rest of the hunting patrol before walking out of the cave however Hawk wish quickly got in front of you. You sighed and followed them up out of the narrow space out of the camp before making it out. "We'll split up." Hawk wish announced and Echo gaze nodded. "If we all go trotting along the territory together then we're bound to scare off prey..However I'll bring Flow paw with me for some extra hunting training." Echo gaze spoke as Hawk wish walked away flicking there tail for Flow paw to follow. Hawk wish nodded and walked away leaving you alone. You went on your own way.

After a bit you had hunted a rabbit and now you were stalking up onto a squirrel when you heard a loud mew somewhere around you. The squirrel started running and you quickly went to run after it and tried leaping but missed it just under your paws. With one last try you leaped at the squirrel trying to attempt catching it before it ran up the tree. You caught it by the tail surprisingly just as it had started to scurry up the tree and you threw it onto the ground and quickly clawed at its neck leaving a messy scene. You heard the mew again and sighed. You put a bit of dirt on top of the freshly killed squirrel and walked over to the mew that had made you almost miss the squirrel. You walked through a few bushes leaving the squirrel a few tail lengths away when you saw some type of box. The top was open with a note that you didn't understand probably written in some type of twoleg message. You crept slowly and carefully over to the box making sure your claws were unsheathed and all your senses were alert for danger. Once over near the box you got up onto your hind legs and used your front legs to look into what was in the box. With a cold realization of shock you saw a cat just barely breathing surrounded by blood with what looked like newborn half starved kits. You knew you were fairly away from the half creek and scented the air to see if any other cat had come this way from the hunting patrol. Nobody. You looked back down. "Hello..?" You spoke seeing the cat open its eyes to look at you. The stranger cat looked at you and spoke while struggling for air. "I-I.." the cat paused and wheezed. "I've heard stories about.." the cat then stopped breathing a bit more. "About what type of cats you are.." the cat paused. "You can kill me...but.." the cat paused again. "Don't kill my kits.." the cat spoke you quickly responded. "No! I'd never kill you nor your kits. There just little scraps..it's completely against the warrior code as well..!" You paused for a moment realizing how thin the cat was. "Here stay here! Keep breathing I'll go get you something to eat." You spoke as the cat looked at you. "I-I'm not sure I'll survive either way.." the cat spoke but you had already gotten off your hind legs and started sprinting over to the squirrel. You picked it up and sprinted back over to where the stranger cat was with her kits. You dropped the squirrel down into the box. "Eat." You demanded and hesitantly the cat started to eat. Suddenly you heard bushes being shaken and saw echo gaze and flow paw came out. "Solar paw what-" Echo gaze spoke before you quickly turned around and demanded to them "Go get the medicine cat!" You demanded and Flow paw quickly ran over to the direction of the camp hearing the urgency in your voice. Echo gaze looked over into the box surprised as you leaned back over the box. "How long have you been in there..?" Echo gaze asked the cat and the cat stopped eating as the kits started mewing but the stranger cat quickly shoved there kits closer to there belly. "I've seen the sun turn into darkness about once already.." the stranger cat spoke. Echo gaze looked over to you. "Go find some moss and get the cat some water." Echo gaze spoke taking over the situation. You quickly ran off to find moss. Luckily the moss wasn't that far away but finding water would be the harder part. You yanked some moss off of a tree and quickly ran off to find water. After a bit of running or what felt like an eternity to you you dunked the moss into the water and quickly started running back trying to keep as much water in the moss as possible.

After you had got back Thorn watcher and Snake paw-or well Snake wing the medicine apprentice were there you quickly dropped the moss ball of water in front of the cat and the stranger cat started licking it as the medicine cats has finished doing what they could. After a few moments of waiting Thorn watcher spoke. "Let's get them all back to camp. But carefully. It would be a lot safer then just staying out." Thorn watcher spoke helping the stranger cat get up. You picked up one of the small newborn kits, Echo gaze, and Flow paw had also picked a few up. You and the other cats walked back carefully.

It had been a few hours since the stranger cat and there kits had been brought back to camp. You had placed down the rabbit you caught but heard mammoth stars voice and quickly pricked your ears to listen. It was from the medicine den. "Are they gonna live..?" You heard Mammoth star ask to Thorn watcher. "We've done everything we possibly could do. We hope so. The most they have to do is regain some strength if they do live. At least there sleeping and there breathing seems close to back to normal." Thorn watcher spoke. You heard Mammoth star sigh "We'll let them stay as long as needed..including the kits." You watched as Mammoth star walked out and saw you. "Solar paw..you did well. We'll go back to training once that bandage gets taken off your scar." Mammoth star spoke to you before starting to walk away. You walked away as well noticing Spotted kit and Batkit play fighting together. You felt a bit of sympathy for Spottedkit. "Don't let Batkit get to your blind side!" You spoke to Spottedkit. Spottedkit turned to where they could feel where Batkit was. "No fair your helping them!" Batkit spoke before you instructed Batkit. "Batkit stop leaning to your left side and steady yourself!" You spoke as Batkit and Spottedkit played. Batkit stopped leaning and steady'd themself just in time for a light hit with claws sheathed from Spottedkit. Batkit pounced onto Spottedkit. "Use your hind legs and kick them off!" You instructed Spottedkit who very carefully hit Batkit off. You noticed Ashkit running towards there siblings. You assumed they were going to play with there siblings but instead they ran past them towards you and gently bit your front paw. You lifted your front paw with a amused chuckle. "How dare you!" You said in a amused voice and gently knocked the three moon old kitten onto its back. Ashkit laughed before going to play with Spottedkit and Batkit. You smiled and turned towards the fresh kill pile and picked up a bird that was in the fresh kill pile and walked over to the elders den. The elder looked at you and smiled as you dropped the bird. "Thank you very much Solar paw." The old cat spoke grabbing the bird and started to eat it. You nodded and went to leave the elders den until you heard the old cat speak. "You should also grab something for yourself." The elder spoke and you looked back to the cat. "Are you sure? I don't think everybody's exactly eaten yet.." you spoke uncertain. The elder cat responded with "Of course..if anybody tells you not to tell them to take it up with Lynx ear!" The elder cat spoke and you smiled. "Of course." You spoke walking out of the elder den over to the fresh kill pile where you picked up Squirrel. You walked over to the apprentice den and started to eat the Squirrel. After you finished you decided to curl up and sleep. You succumbed to the overpowering sensation of drowsiness overtake you after a few moments.