Chapter Two: "Dearly sick mother..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No one's POV:

Jack was thinking about murder.

This was very surprising since Jack is always a hyper, happy, and positive kid, but he then started to think about murder after the royal gaurds just took their wood, and now he and Wade was watching the royal gaurds take almost all of the food in the food stands, apples, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, along with meat as well, leaving them with almost nothing.

Just a couple of leftover berries, three barrow jugs of water, and three meats left, Jack and Wade watched as the two scumbag royal gaurds were walking away with their food and water while laughing. Jack, so badly, just wanna use his axe on the two gaurds and wiped those smiles off of their stupid faces.

It was already hard enough that they had to find food anywhere since most animals live in the woods, and humans are not allowed to trespass into the woods, and fruits are also in the woods as well, so as long as royal gaurds aren't around to stop by, then surely anyone can quickly hunt and go fruit searching.

Wade gave Jack a sad expression.

"I'll get some meat and the leftover berries, and I'll make dinner tonight," Wade offered and explained.

Jack raised an eyebrow at him.

"You sure?" Jack asked.

Wade nodded with a reassuring smile.

"Yes, I am sure, just leave it to me," Wade said.

"Okay, see you back at the house," Jack said, and both Wade and Jack separate ways. As Jack went back to his home and Wade went to the food stand to collect dinner for tonight.

•••

Once Y/n had arrived at home, she immediately saw the doctor over her very sick mother, and so she carried the bucket of water over towards them and gave it to the doctor.

He nodded.

"Thank you, Y/n," the doctor thanked, as he grabbed a soft white cloth of cotton and dunked it into the water, and squeezed the water out of the cloth and gently placed it on her mother's forehead, since her mother has a high fever.

Y/n looked over at the doctor.

"How is she doing?" Y/n asked worryingly.

The doctor looked at her with a sad expression. He was pretty old, just in his late 60s. He was not really bold. His white hair on the sides was combined down, along with his brown eyes, and was about 5 feet tall. He had a white coat on black pants and shoes.

"Your mother is still very ill, I still don't know what caused it or how she even got it in the first place, but I'm gonna give your mother homemade medicine, it will not cure her illness, but it will help with the fever as she has the wet cloth on her forehead," the doctor explained and Y/n nodded her head.

She watches as the doctor picks up the small wooden bowl full with smash up herbs, which is the color green. It didn't look appetizing at all, but the doctor said that it would be good for Y/n and Jack's mother's illness.