An Nuan calmed herself and spoke very calmly, "Oh, it's you."

She just tried hard to maintain an attitude that she hadn't done anything wrong.

After all, theirs was a sham marriage.

She didn't need to report her whereabouts to Ye Jinghuai either.

There was no response from the other end for a long time.

An Nuan even thought Ye Jinghuai had hung up.

She couldn't help but pick up her phone from her ear again and take another look, confirming the call was still going, before speaking into the phone again, "When are you coming back?"

She was deliberately changing the subject.

"Does it matter to you whether I come back or not?" Ye Jinghuai asked.

It didn't matter.

But for some reason, An Nuan didn't say it out at that moment.

She felt somehow that saying it would hurt Ye Jinghuai.

This guy is so narcissistic after all.

"Let's leave it at that," Ye Jinghuai didn't get an answer, nor did he ask again.

Then he really hung up.

An Nuan looked at her phone, still a little stunned.

Ye Jinghuai's voice just now was clearly a little...helpless.

An Nuan didn't let herself think too much about it.

After all

In her opinion, it was even harder to make a man like Ye Jinghuai, who was extremely experienced with women, fall in love with her, than it was to make Gu Yan Sheng love her.

So.

She didn't need to have any expectations of Ye Jinghuai, so there was no harm done.

On the other end of the phone.

Qingcheng International Airport.

Qin Jiang looked at Ye Jinghuai, looking at how this guy's face was clearly a little ugly.

Wasn't he basking in warmth and sunshine just now?

How did he become engulfed in an eternal blizzard now!

"Did I leave first, and you're waiting for An Nuan to come pick you up?" Qin Jiang asked.

It was Ye Jinghuai who had said they would part ways after getting off the plane.

Ye Jinghuai walked straight out of the airport with a dark look on his face.

Qin Jiang was speechless.

This guy had become so temperamental ever since getting An Nuan!

......

8 pm in the evening.

An Nuan arrived at the restaurant address Gu Yan Sheng had given her.

It was a high-end restaurant, with an elegant environment.

Under the guidance of the staff, she walked into a private room.

The view from the private room was excellent, with a huge floor-to-ceiling window right in front facing the dazzling night view of Qingcheng.

An Nuan realized she had never been to such a high-end romantic place for dinner with Gu Yan Sheng before, let alone a candlelight dinner, and she had never made Gu Yan Sheng wait for her even once.