. . . .

Tobago: The Crescent Wolf Pack

Alpha Jake's Office

Knock! Knock!

Looking up from some pack documents the Alpha spoke giving permission to enter. The door opened to reveal a familiar wolf. It was the same informant who attempted to do a background check on Emma.

"Alpha the nobles have taken up the entrance and the blind spot over by the cliff." The wolf informed him.

"Good, did you manage to get anything from them about the royal?" The Alpha questioned sternly revealing his true intent.

"In a way, yes." The wolf spoke clearly distressed about something.

"Well, speak." The Alpha demanded growing impatient. In truth he was grumpy all morning because of a certain dream he was having of his beautiful mate until someone woke him up to inform him about the council sending nobles. He literally wanted to kill the poor wolf for waking him.

"They both knew who the royal is. She is a legend among them." He spoke worried while the Alpha's chest grew with pride. His mate was a little over achiever.

"Go on" He spoke now with a lighter tone wanting to hear more.

"Well you see they weren't that willing to share on what they knew about her. They mostly warned that if I dig too deep they will kill me. Alpha I think we should stop." The wolf now stared at the floor too worried and scared to make eye contact.

"Hmmm, so the whole council is protecting her... what of the council doctor. What did he have to say?" The Alpha questioned a bit irritated. Just when he thought he could finally figure her out, everyone decides they want to keep secrets.

"He too gave me the same warning but he said something more than the noble warriors. I think he has more knowledge of her." The wolf spoke hesitant as his eyes darted around the room to make sure no one was listening. They couldn't use the pack link since other wolves can join at any given moment and over hear their conversation.

"What is it?" The Alpha spoke softly growing excited that he would finally know something about his mate. He stood and walked around his desk to stand right in front the wolf so they can now speak in hushed voices.

After a few more seconds of glancing around and ensuring no one was listening he leaned forward to whisper in his Alpha's ear.

"He said she is the infamous right hand of the werewolf council." At this the Alpha's eyes widen in shock. No more words needed to be said. He now knew who she was and just how powerful she is. As the wolf quickly retreated to the door and left the Alpha robotically walked back to his chair and plopped down on it.

His eyes stared ahead blindly unblinking, he was in shock. Then as the seconds go by his senses started coming back and his brain started processing what he had just learnt. It explains why she seemed so different from normal royals, why she was more powerful, why she had magic maybe even her eyes.

The right hand of the council does all the dirty work. They do any and everything asked by the council. The jobs that was too difficult for other royals to do. If there was something the council's famous execution team couldn't kill they would step in and get the job done. The status of being a right hand meant their power was second only to the council. They had the power to command all royals. They were the strongest most trusted and loyal of all the royals but most importantly they held the position of next in line for leadership. They are no different than a crown prince to the throne.

Just how exactly did I get a mate so powerful? Was it even possible for a female to have such power? The Alpha thought. There has never been a female council member till this day, sure very few had reached the royal level but that was it. Now that he knew who his mate was it worried him. How will he ever match up to her? The council can't take his mate position away from him but if they decide his genes wasn't good enough. If she chose too she could have off springs with another royal male in order to produce stronger pups than he would be able to give her. Of course there will be no sexual relations. It would be done clinically where another female will carry the child but the pain of knowing your mate has a child with another, it is unbearable.