ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₂₄

GUYS IM SO SORRY I FORGOT ABOUT THIS IM WAY MOR MODIVATED NOW!! New chapters every 2-3 days!!! Anyway enjoy!! (It's a sad one!)

Steve wasn't sure how much time had passed as he rested his cheek on the toilet seat. His good eye fluttered. He felt so drained and exhausted after he nearly vomited his guts out. He continued his soothing belly rubs, hoping to God that the baby was okay. All he wanted was to go home and sleep. He almost forgot about Robin and Billy who were still in the bathroom with him.

Robin gently placed her hand on Steve's shoulder and shook him lightly so she wouldn't startle him. "Steve? Hey. Wake up."

Steve made a noise and peeled away from the toilet seat. "A-Alpha...?" Steve looked around, but Billy was nowhere to be seen. Did he leave? Where did he go? "Where's Billy?" With Robin's help, he slowly rose to his feet. He wobbled a bit and caught himself against the sink.

"He left." Robin rubbed Steve's back as the young male looked himself over in the mirror. Man, he looked like shit. Literally. His bottom lip had a small, vertical cut which was bruised. He had a mean bruise on his left cheek and his right eye was black and swollen. Those asshole Russians definitely beat the crap out of him and it shows. But it wasn't his appearance that concerned him right now. It was Billy and his baby. It was difficult to tell if the drug had harmed his baby or not.

There was no way of knowing the baby's condition without seeing a doctor. "I hope it's okay...it's okay...everything is okay..." Steve muttered to himself as he looked down at his flat stomach. Robin's lips parted to speak when the bathroom door burst open to reveal Dustin and Erica.

"There you guys are! We were looking for you everywhere!" Dustin blinked when he stared at the two. "What're you guys doing?" Before Steve or Robin could open their mouths to speak, Dustin waved his hands and shook his head. "Doesn't matter! We, uh...we have a big problem. Like...a really big problem."

Robin and Steve exchanged looks. This couldn't be good. A loud, thundering boom echoed throughout Starcourt which made Steve and Robin both jump. What the hell was that sound? "Uhh, Henderson...what the hell was that?"

"No time to explain! C'mon, we're going to need your help!" Dustin urged as he rushed out of the bathroom with Erica.

Steve's lips parted in sheer surprise. Half of the Starcourt ceiling was caved in as if something massive had crashed through. Steve wasn't even sure what he was looking at. The malevolent entity towered over them, its skin black and pulsating with an eerie glow, giving it a sinister and chilling appearance. Its head was large and oval-shaped with glowing eyes that were capable of piercing through a person's soul.

Its limbs were elongated and yet it moved fluidly—this terrifying monstrosity exuded power. It put the Demogorgon and the demo-dogs to shame. This monster was on a whole other level. It was a being that they hadn't faced before—a new enemy from the Upside Down. "Oh my God...you've got to be kidding me." Steve slowly approached the railing as the Mindflayer released a deafening screech which made everyone clasp their hands over their ears.

"We have to stop it!" Dustin had yelled as he tugged on Steve and Robin's hands. Even Robin seemed in shock at what she was seeing. Steve had a feeling that this wasn't going to be an easy battle.

────── 〔♡〕──────

One by one fireworks lit up the entire mall as they cracked and boomed inside the building, lighting it up in an array of colors. It was the only weapon they had against the Mindflayer. And while it wasn't super effective, it was enough to buy Eleven some time to use her powers against this creature. Steve had met with the others. He felt a sense of relief to see that Nancy, Jonathan, and the rest of the kids were okay. Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Erica had taken up one side of the second floor while Nancy, Jonathan, Will, and Lucas were on the other.

Each of them bombarded the Mindflayer with an assortment of fireworks. So far, their strategy seems to be working. The Mindflayer would chitter and screech and flinch from the fireworks. Eleven had even taken off one of its limbs with her abilities but was flung backward when the Mindflayer smacked her away.

Eleven would have collided with a column but was caught in Billy's arms instead. The blonde alpha grunted before gently setting her down as if to protect her, Mike, and Max. Billy suddenly cried out in pain as he fell to one knee and clasped his hands over his ears.

"Billy!" Max rushed over only to be lightly pushed back.

"D-Don't!" Billy growled and slowly rose to his feet when he narrowed his ocean eyes at the creature. "I won't...ugh...let you hurt them." Billy used the adrenaline and strength to his advantage as he stopped one of the Mindflayer's attacks by tightly grasping at one of its limbs. "Argh! I won't...let you...touch my mate! My family!"

Steve threw another firecracker that landed near the Mindflayer's head, but watching Billy made Steve freeze in his actions. What was he doing? Was he seriously going to try and fight this thing? Steve couldn't help but call out Billy's name. "Billy!"

All it took was that second. That second for Billy to lift his gaze up toward Steve. That second for their eyes to meet before the alpha was impaled. Steve's eye widened in horror and he could feel his blood running cold. He felt like he had just been impaled as well. Billy roared in agony as fresh blood blossomed on his sides and stained his lips red.

"Billy!" Max screamed her stepbrother's name in horror.

Everything felt like it was moving in slow motion as Steve screamed. "No!!!" He wasn't listening when Robin and Dustin called his name. He found his feet moving for him when he ran down the escalator stairs. His heart thundered in his chest as an onslaught of tears slid down his bloodied and bruised cheeks. "Billy!" He didn't even care about the Mindflayer.

He didn't care about anything else as he ran toward his fallen alpha. Steve clumsily tripped as he fell to his knees and immediately cradled his wounded alpha in his arms. "B-Billy!" Steve sobbed as he shook his head. His eye searched Billy's face.

Billy coughed up blood and weakly reached his hand out to brush the tips of his fingers over Steve's cheek, attempting to wipe his tears away. "O-Omega...mate...I'm sorry..."

Steve kept shaking his head and whimpered out loud. "D-Don't apologize...you're going to be okay...just...just...stay awake, okay? D-Don't fall asleep...Billy...Billy!"