𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞

Steve chewed idly on his piece of banana as he stared at nothing in particular. His mind was too busy overthinking about last night. Billy never showed up. Steve had waited for his alpha for hours. He had watched Sixteen Candles all by himself and it was absolutely depressing. He had fallen asleep on the couch, but almost all night he kept tossing and turning. His mind kept wandering to Billy and wondering what had happened and if he was okay. This morning, he was hoping for a phone call from his boyfriend, but he got nothing. No phone call. No response. Nothing. Which certainly didn't help Steve's anxiety.

The main question he wanted to know was, what happened? Of course, Steve was mildly upset as well. His alpha literally left him hanging without a word. If he couldn't show, the least he could have done was give Steve a call. Was that too much to ask? Steve huffed and tossed the banana peel on the small table. Perhaps after work, he'll stop by the community pool and confront Billy for answers. One way or another, Steve was getting some answers. He wasn't going to let his alpha off the hook that easily.

He'll understand if something urgent came up and Billy couldn't make it—that was totally understandable. But leaving him hanging? Leaving him alone after he promised he'd show? Yeah, that wasn't going to fly. "Let me guess, you're still sitting here speculating?" The sound of Robin's voice pulled Steve from his thoughts. She walked into the backroom of Scoops and plopped into the chair across from where Steve was sitting.

Steve swallowed his last piece of banana with a frown. "I'm worried, okay? He never showed...I just want to know what happened. I want to know why he couldn't make it...he wouldn't just leave me hanging like that..." Steve hissed lowly from the pain and rubbed his stomach in soothing circles. "There has to be a reason why he couldn't show up."

Robin hummed in response before giving a casual shrug of her shoulders. "Well, maybe something came up and that's why he couldn't call you. Are you gonna go to the pool after work?"

Steve nodded as he continued his belly rubs. "Yeah...if he's even there. I didn't even get a phone call this morning. Usually, he always calls me." Steve pouted, his scent now souring the entire room.

Robin made a face and pinched her nose with her thumb and forefinger before the bell rang from the front counter. "Okay, well, while you sit here depressed, I'm going back to work." With that said, the young beta got up and left the room. "Dingus! You're alpha is here!" Robin called back which made Steve immediately perk up in his seat. What? Billy was here? Didn't he have work? Or did he have the day off? Either way, it was confrontation time.

Steve burst through the swinging door and placed his hands on his hips. He made a serious face as he narrowed his eyes at his alpha. Billy was dressed in his pool uniform with his red-white tank top, red swim trunks, and the whistle around his neck. Billy took off his shades and hooked them on his top. "Omega." His lips curled into a charismatic smile as he relaxed his side against the counter. Oh no. His alpha charms weren't going to work on Steve—not when he was this upset.

"Back room. Now." Steve demanded with a huff.

Robin sucked in her lips before whispering to Billy. "Good luck."

Steve stopped his pacing when Billy stepped into the backroom. "Omega—"

"Don't." Steve held his hand up, cutting Billy off from whatever he was going to say. "Do you have any idea how upset I am right now?"

Billy's smile morphed into a frown. There was a solemn look on his face. He knew. He knew he messed up. Steve shook his head. "I waited for you, Billy. I waited almost all night. I could barely sleep because I was worried sick about you. What happened? Where were you? Why didn't you show up? You couldn't even give me a call."