Chapter 5 : Eventful Day

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I'm not dense." Sbhe rolled her eyes.

"Can I have my breakfast now?" She always told me to ask for permission for doing everything, even a simple task like eating.

"You may."

I went over and took a seat. I started eating and when I was almost finished Sirina and Natasha came running down the stairs.

Sirina wore a black skater skirt and a white blouse with peach designs on with some flats whilst Natasha rocked a light blue skinny jeans with a yellow spaghetti strap shirt and a plain yellow wedge. They looked good.

"Morning Mom." Natasha said giving her mother a vibrant smile. Leona returned it and kissed both her daughters on their cheeks, I looked away.

Even though Leona was evil to me she was good to her daughters. Sometimes I envied them for having a mother whilst I didn't. When the day came when dad told me he was going to remarry I wasn't against it. I knew that this new woman would never fill the gap that my mom left but at least I'd have a mother figure around me. I was optimistic towards the idea while Caleb was the opposite. He shut out dad and me. It hurt me so much and I tried really hard to get to him but one day made it clear to me that he didn't want anything to do with me, so u gave up.

The sound of my name snapped me out of my thoughts, "Carrie!"

I looked over to where Sirina, Leona and Natasha stood. Leona had a frown etched onto her face. "Stop the day dreaming and get going to school." Leona said as she gestured to the front door around the corner.

Now it was my turn to frown. "Aren't they going to eat breakfast?" I asked curiously.

"No, we'll get it at school. Let's go." Sirina said nudging her head in the direction of the door. She and Natasha walked away and I followed behind grabbing my bag on the way out.

"See ya!" Natasha yelled as she got into her car. It was a shiny, red Nissan that she got in replacement for her grey Toyota she had before.

I took a seat in the passenger side of Sirina's blue Subaru. It was nice car and I was slightly envious of them having such nice cars when I didn't have any. Dad had told Leona last year to get me a car, he had left it up to her to buy it but she told him that I said I preferred walking, being environmental friendly and all.

Sirina pulled out of the drive way as the gates to the house opened automatically and off she went.

She stretched over to turn on the radio and began singing.

"If your lips are movin, if your lips are movin', if your lips are movin', then you lie, lie, lying, baby!" She sang as she bent a corner.

"Boy look at me in my face, tell me that know all about this bass. You really think I can be replaced?...Nah! I come from outta space and I'm a classic girl imma hold it up, you full of something but it ain't love. What we got straight overdue, go find somebody new." She rapped as she flared one of her hands in the air. I stifled a laugh at her actions.

"You can buy me diamond earrings and deny-ny-ny, ny-ny-ny, deny-ny-ny, but I smell her on your collar-" She sniffs her shirt. "-so goodbye-bye-bye, bye-bye-bye."

"Hey!" She bobbed her head as she continued singing. "I know you lying. 'Cuz your lips are movin', tell me do you think I'm dumb?" She pointed at herself with a look of disbelief.

"I might be young, but I ain't stupid, talking 'round in circles with your tongue. I gave you bass-" I almost laughed when she pushed up her butt out of her seat referring to her behind.