LIII. Did You Miss Me?

The next day came yet everyone still hasn't forgotten the issue. But for Minji, there's a different problem she can't forget. Being in a relationship, of course she told Heeseung everything that happened. It also came as a shock to him, and admittedly he had grown a bit of a hatred towards Jungwon because not only does he know what the younger has spoken of him, but as well as the fact that Jungwon likes Minji, his girlfriend.

"He better not show his face to us." Heeseung said, still angry even though Minji told him to keep calm.

"Let's not act this way. If he decides to keep being that way, then maybe yes, we can dislike him. But I hope he'll change." Minji replied, thinking about how she does not want a friendship to be ruined.

Heeseung sighed. Minji always did have a soft and kind heart, even to those who have hurt her. She always seems to believe in not second chances, but multiple chances. If you ask Heeseung, he'd say that she forgives too much.

At the same place where the two were, which, is the gymnasium, a multitude of students suddenly started coming inside for Physical Education class. Since it's a minor subject, students from different departments could be in this class together. And of course, Minji and the whole friend group decided to take this class altogether.

Jay, Jake, Sunghoon, and Sunoo all made their way to the couple, putting down their bags on the bleachers as they arrived. Jay however, seemed to have something troubling his mind, and he's not sure how to break the news to everyone. Should he just blurt it out of nowhere?

"He's not real." Jay told them. Everyone started looking at him weirdly.

"Who?"

"Levi."

"Haha, very funny Jay. Just because we can't find him doesn't mean he's suddenly not real." Sunghoon told Jay who was clearly not joking. Sunghoon stared at Jay longer, the no response from his friend weirded him out more. "Hey, quit joking with us right now." Everyone else nodded in agreement. It sounds absurd, but somehow they don't think he's pranking them either.

"I'm serious! I swear I'm not going crazy!"

"It's getting kind of weird..."

"Jay, we all see him at school. And how can we see someone who 'is not real'? You're not really making any sense right now..."

"Wait! Let me finish speaking-"

"Just check again. Maybe you mixed up the numbers of the house address-"

"B-but I-"

"Yeah, what Jake said. Also, are you sure you don't have fever? You're acting very weirdly-"

"LISTEN TO ME!!!! I already asked a lot of help from my parents, and they even got the police and private investigators involved. But there's absolutely nothing they could find. It's not real!!! The house...the street...the whole village he said he lives in! It's not real!!! The location doesn't exist! Neither does he!"

"That sounds absolutely ridicu-"

"He has no trace!! No hospital records! No birth certificate! No government profile! No one aside from us even knows about him! I'm telling you, he doesn't exist..."

Everyone looks around in confusion. Obviously they can't believe that their friend is not real, but if there's evidence that supports the idea that Levi does not exist, then who are they to not believe it? They're all confused, everything just doesn't make sense.

"So, what? We have one 'friend' who's trying to steal my girl, another one who apparently is not real, and don't forget one who's always busy with his new celebrity life." Heeseung scoffed, realizing that quite a number of people from the group has separated from them.

Just then, the gymnasium doors opened once more, but this time, instead of students coming in, only one teenager and a few bodyguards were the ones who arrived inside the venue.

"Speak of the devil." Heeseung said as they all saw their one and only friend turned celebrity, Ni-ki, finally enter school grounds once again.

Sunoo scoffed. He absolutely hated the sight in front of him. 'Why is Ni-ki here?' he thought. 'It seemed like he had his life together and that he didn't have time for the us, so why is he suddenly back? Is he just there to mock us and say how we're living a boring college student life while he gets to revel in fame and wealth? I doubt he even genuinely misses us. I doubt he even thinks about us....about me..."

Ni-ki saw all of them, throwing them a smile as he walked towards the group.

Sumoo, however, was not pleased. "Whatever." he scoffed once again, getting up and leaving before Ni-ki could even say hi to him.

"Stupid Nishimura. Who does he think he is? After leaving us, leaving ME, he just comes back and waltzes in like nothing happened?!" Sunoo let out all his frustrations as he washed his hands in the sink of the restroom. He even splashed some water on his face just so that he could get it together.

"Wow, after all this time, you still feel that way towards him. It's like you can't get him out of your head. I told you, you should have helped me, if you did, then maybe you'd have him for yourself."

That line - it was familiar to Sunoo. Someone he knows has told him that before. But the voice - it doesn't belong to the same person who told him all that.

He quickly turned around to see Levi, staring at him.

"Levi??? What did you just say? Wait, no, that doesn't matter right now. Levi, you're here! Like you're actually here and I can you with my own eyes! Where have you been?!" Sunoo had a whiplash of emotions.

Levi started walking towards Sunoo, the older assuming that he was going for a hug, until he realized that Levi had such a dead expression on his face. It creeped Sunoo out. Then suddenly, Levi harshly pushed Sunoo against the wall, hard enough to leave a bruise on the back of Sunoo's shoulder.

He hissed in pain, not sure what is going on. "Levi what the hell?! What was that fo-" he couldn't finish his enraged sentence. His angered eyes slowly turned into fearful ones as he saw Levi holding chains.

Shivers ran down his spine, and he jolted even more when another familiar voice crept up from behind. It was familiar, but it sounded different as well. It felt different. It felt demonic. It felt evil.

"Did you miss me? I told you, you made a mistake." those were the last words he heard before blacking out. And the last face he saw was none other than Yang Jungwon's.