XVII. Set the Date

Second week of classes passed by so quickly. It's already Thursday - and most students wondered why time flies by so fast. The most probable answer to their question being that they weren't busy yet. Their schedule wasn't hectic for the school year was only starting.

But college students had a different case. In college, there is no such thing as free time. Unlike teachers in Senior High School - college professors would start teaching and give assignments even though it's only the first day. To them, everyday is a hectic day - if you aren't busy, then it's either you're forgetting you have an assignment, or you don't even know that there is one.

"I miss Heeseung hyung. He hasn't had lunch with us since last Monday." Sunoo said with a frown on his face.

Last Monday, Heeseung got his official class schedule for the first term of the year - and it didn't exactly look as easy as High School schedules. He had some classes as early as 6 in the morning, some as late as 7 in the evening, and some days he didn't even have classes. His free time rarely matched with theirs - and he barely sees them.

"Yeah, honestly it feels weird not having the eldest around. It feels...kind of empty." Jake replied.

Sure they have each other, but missing one person in the group made it feel different, a whole lot different.

But nonetheless, everyone didn't stay in sadness. They instead tried to enjoy their lunch just as much as they did when Heeseung was around. They ate their food as they conversed , talking about the same things as usual - their classes and whatever they feel like sharing.

As they were having their lunch break, Minji noticed that the person she was sitting next to - Niki - was staring at something under the table. She took a closer look and she saw that he was looking at something he was holding.

She saw that he was mumbling some words and making facial expressions, he looked like he was practicing for something.

Minji was genuinely curious, but before she could even ask him, he already stood up and walked over to Sunoo.

"Sunoo hyung, can I talk to you for a second?" Niki asked.

"Sure. What is it?" Sunoo replied, a fork with pasta on his right hand and a cup of iced tea on the other.

"Uhmm, I was wondering if I could talk to you somewhere else? You know, not here."

"Hmm?? Uhh, okay then." Sunoo replied with a confused look.

He covered the container of his pasta with the lid and set it aside before following Niki.

Jay, Jake and Sunghoon looked at the two younger than them, wondering what's so important that only two of them can discuss it and not share it with the entire group.

Of course she doesn't know for sure, but Minji always had that gut feeling that both of them had a thing for each other. She smiled at them before her focus went back to their lunch table. She looked around, counting the heads of the remaining people at the table.

That's when she noticed something is missing - or someone rather. Aside from Heeseung, Jungwon was missing as well.

Where could that boy be?

---

"What is it Niki? Is everything alright?" Sunoo asked.

Niki rarely asks someone to talk with him 1-on-1, so Sunoo immediately thought that this talk that they were going to have may be something serious.

"Huh? Everything's alright, why would you ask that?"

"I don't know. You seem a little less talkative today so I assumed something was making you sad."