Continuation of What It Means To Annotate: Examples Below P7

Começar do início

This reminds and pulls me back to a Bible passage story Jesus tells his Disciples. It is in Luke Chapter 18;1-9
Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. He said: "In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought.
And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, "'Grant me justice over my adversary.'"
"For sometime he refused. But finally he said to himself, "Even though I don't fear God or care what people think, yet because this widow keeps bothering me,I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually come and attack me!"
And the Lord said, "Listen to what the unjust judge says. And will God not bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.
However when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

This is the only annotation I have for this entry. Mas' Henley is an example of an unjust judge making sure Aunt Tee got justice despite his wife's resistance to want to swap slaves out.

2: 25th diary entry annotated
Friday
The days is gettin' longer, and that means we have to work longer, too. (14 words) In the summer, Miz Lilly bath almost every day. (9 words, I'm not really all that surprised despite still being closer to the mountains Virginia weather can get pretty hot. I felt it myself on some of my past trips back to Ohio to visit my family relatives still living there most of my family still lives in Ohio. ) This evenin', Spicy and me carried water up the steps in buckets and poured it in Miz Lilly's bathin' tub. (20 words) Then when she got through, we had to drain the water into buckets and take them down the steps and dump it. (22 words) Spicy spilled water all up and down the steps comin' and goin'. (12 words) I got tickled at her, and she got tickled at herself. (11 words always great decent idea to be able to laugh at your mistakes every once in a while this does feel quite good.) 'Fore you know it, we was laughin' so hard. (9 words) It felt fine to laugh. (5 words) And it felt even finer to see Spicy laughin'. (9 words) I didn't think she knew how. (6 words, everybody should know how to laugh the right way at the right, laughter is a good cure for sadness it is in equal comparison to just saying happy thoughts out loud or thinking them silently in your head.)

3: 26th diary entry annotated.
Next night
It's a clear night. Good moon. (6 words within the past sentences) Good night to write. (4 words) The upper room was too stuffy to sleep, so I brought my mat outside. (14 words within sentence) (I betcha that's a real pleasure many slaves didn't get the ability to sleep under the stars sometimes, dear Skylights.) We sometimes do that. (4 words) Spicy followed me. (3 words) It was just the two of us girls.  (8 words) We just laid there, lookin' up at the stars. (9 words) We had laughed together, so it was easier for us to talk together. (13 words, and that totally makes sense that when people spend time laughing together they can talk to each other easier too.)

Come to find out, Spicy is motherless, too.  (8 words, then you really know how the other feels missing their Mamas.) And, just as I thought, she been mistreated somethin' awful — beaten and yelled at by her ol' mas'. . (18 words within the sentence) Say he's meaner than Mas' Henley. (6 words within the sentence. When someone says mean, I still say to myself, I know there's plenty worse mean people out in the world than the ones I've met. There is always someone else who could possibly be the absolute worst person in the world.) I cain't demagine. (3 words)
"If I could, I'd run away from this place so far they'd never fine me," she blurted out, lookin' like a cornered cat. (23 words) "You won't tell on me, will you?" (7 words) "None of us is tattlers," I told her. (8 words, good job keep up the honestly long holding legacy that Aunt Tee has in the kitchen "No Tattlers.") "I aine either," she said. (5 words) I believe her. (3 words, yes you should, Spicy doesn't have anything to tattle on anyways right now and you just started getting along talking normally now.)