Heavy Lies the Crown

Start from the beginning

"You think they're just gonna tell us? Just like that?" Bellamy asked Raven. He continued to speak, "If you tell everybody they're going to die the Coalition is over, Roan falls, and the Grounders will be at our gate,"

Raven rolled her eyes, "Then just tell our people. We need more minds on this problem. On the Ark, people volunteered for the Culling because they were told the truth and given a choice," Raven reminded them all.

She looked at Clarke, "A choice your dad died for,"

"You think I've forgotten that?" Clarke was upset that Raven would forget something like that.

Jaycee had her hand on her chin, trying to think of anything that could help them, but nothing came into her mind. Someone spoke, causing Jaycee to lose her train of thought.

"Okay. We'll tell everybody the truth as soon as we have a viable solution. Without one, it'll start a panic." Bellamy told Raven.

Raven scoffed, "You don't know that,"

Out of no-where Monty shouted, "That's it!"

"What are you talking about?" Clarke asked the guy.

"Think," He said looking at her. "Alpha Station survived for 97 years in space, through elevated radiation levels and extreme temperature fluctuations." He paused for a second, "Sound familiar?" He asked everyone. "All we have to do it patch up the ship. We're standing in our viable solution," Monty smiled at the others.

Jaycee smiled, "Great, we should get started as soon as possible," Jaycee was beginning to walk away when someone called out for her.

"Where are you going?" Bellamy asked.

Jaycee didn't turn around, all she said was, "To check on Nova," And left.

"Wow, she really is not the forgiving type," Raven said.

Bellamy glared at her.

•••

Jaycee finally made it to her room, she knocked and then walked into the room.

"Hey kid, whatcha doin' ?" Jaycee said as she took off her jacket.

"Drawing a picture of you, me, and Lily," Nova said

Jaycee smiled at the girl. She then pulled up a chair next to her, "How you holding up?" She asked the girl as she started to brush the girl's hair with her fingers.

"Fine, I guess, I don't know," She sighed. "I guess it's kind of weird, not having Lily around, I know it's a part of life to lose people." She took a deep breath, "But I didn't think I'd lose her so quick..." She looked down.

"I know baby, and I truly am sorry," She then remembered something.

"I do have something for you," Jaycee walked to her cabinet and took something out.

She then sat in front of Nova and handed her the necklace. "I've been meaning to give this to you, I just haven't figured out the right time, when we had the ceremony for her, I had Raven help me engrave it and everything. This has Lily's ashes with you so that no matter where you go, she will be right here," Nova smiled, Jaycee went behind her to help her put it on her, Nova smiled and held the necklace in her hand.

"I love it," Nova smiled as she went to hug Jay.

"Thank you," She said into Jaycee's ear. She then hugged the smaller girl more.

•••

It was the next day. Jaycee was with Monty, trying to help around as much as they could.

As they were helping and walking around, they heard someone singing. Jaycee turned around and saw her brother showering as he sang "I don't like Mondays"