Mine

Ross's POV (December 2012)

We were all sitting around a campfire. I had my arm around Amber. Ah everything was great. I have a girlfriend who loves me, I great family, good co-workers. I couldn't ask for more. I looked down at Amber who was looking at her mug of hot tea. She noticed where my eyes were, and laid her sparkling brown ones on me. She brought her head up to me and pecked my lips.

"I love you" she whispered.

"I love you too." She rested her head on my shoulder. Suddenly, the light reflected the chain on her neck. It was the lock-it we got for her for her 16th birthday a year ago. Wait, that's it. I could do something with the necklace. I don't know what but I'll figure it out.
---------------------------------------
Amber was working on It All Started while I was on a little break from filming Austin & Ally. Since Amber has to take off her necklace for filming, I snuck into her dressing room and stole her her necklace. Hopefully I can get it back to her by the 30th. I heard the door open. I put the necklace in my back pants pocket quickly.

"What's going on...?" Amber asked.

"Nothing. Just waiting to surprise my special girl." I played it off cool.

"Alright..." She still seemed a little suspicious. she looked over to her table where her jewelry is....or was. She gasped. "My necklace! Where is it!?!!?!"

"Oh no!! We'll find it I promise."

"Ok. We better. That necklace is practically my whole life; it's like if you lost your guitar picks." She worries.

"Don't worry! We'll find it! come on, let's get home." I say putting my arm around her and landing a kiss on her forehead.

"Alright." She grabs her bag from her couch and turn off the lights. We walked out to the parking lot and into the car. On the way home, we listened to Check Yes Juliet. Which is kinda our song. "just sneak out, and don't tell a soul goodbye..." We sang. It was so much fun.
-------------------------------------
Next morning

I woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning in my yellow bed with Ryland still fast asleep in his red bed. I get up and walk down the hall to the living room. Rydel was sitting on the couch eating some cereal while watching some random show in TLC.

"Rydel, I need your help." She turns the TV down.

"What for?" I sit down next to her and pull out the lock-it I stole from Amber. She gasped. "Amber's been looking all over for that! Why'd you steal it?!?!"

"I want to get something engraved in it for her."

"Oooh, so where do I play into with??"

"I need you to get rid of her so I can go and actually get it engraved."

"Alright then. What are you going to get engraved in it?"

"That's what I don't know yet."

"Better figure it out soon, here she comes." I looked out the window and saw my beautiful girlfriend walking up the steps to the door still in her pajamas. I quickly put the necklace back into my pocket trying to act casual.

"Hi" she said kinda bummed out.

"Still can't find your necklace, huh?" Rydel asks not trying to give it away.

She sighs, "yeah. And I've looked everywhere. I don't know where else it could be."

"Well how about we go....get dressed and watch a movie." Rydel says doing exactly what she should be.

"Ok but what about you Ross?"

"Oh ummm....me and Ryland are going to go play hockey. Yeah." I said trying to not come off as I was faking even though I was...and very badly as well.

"Ok then."

"Come on, let's go to my room!" Rydel got up and pulled Amber's arm.

"Wait, bye love you!" She said as my sister continued to pull her.

"Love you too! have fun!" I say in response.
------------------------------------
"Why'd you have to drag me here!?!" Ryland wined.

"Because, if I didn't then Amber's would expect something's up."

"What is up anyway?"

" I want to get Amber's necklace engraved."

"Ooh she must be pissed since you took it."

"Yes. She is. She's so sad too. It's hard not to tell her. So I want to get this done as soon as possible."

"There's the jeweler right over there." He says pointing in that direction. We walk over to the store.

"Hello boys, what can I do for you two today?" The nice man with a blue tie said behind the counter.

"I want to get my girlfriend's necklace engraved."

"Ah yes. Right over here please." We followed him. "Now what would you like to put in the necklace?"

"Very simple, Mine."

"Excellent choice."

"That will just be 5 minutes."

"Ok thank you sir." I say as he walks away. I found Ryland looking over at the engagement rings. "What are you looking at these for?"

"I don't know. Hey, maybe one day you'll get one of these for your sweet, sweet, sweet girlfriend." He said trying to make fun of me. I playfully punch him in the arm. The man walked over to us.

"Oh, were you going to buy one of our lovely rings today as well?"

"No that's it. But thank you." I say getting a little nervous at the thought of Amber and I getting married. He hands me the box with the lock-it in it. I pay him the money needed and me and Ryland walk out.

"Dude, look." Ryland points over to a bush where you could see a man with a camera.

"Oh no."

"They probably saw us looking at the engagement rings."

"Oh no. This is bad. Come on, we've got to get home."
-------------------------------------------
Amber's POV

Rydel and I were watching The Notebook for the 5th time today. I want Ross to get home. I saw Rydel had fallen asleep on the couch. I took the remote trying not to wake her. I changed the channel to E!

"Today Ross Lynch was spotted with his younger brother at a jewelry shop looking at engagement rings. Could this mean that the hot Hollywood couple are taking things to the next level? Or is it too soon?" One of the hosts said.

"What. The....." Rydel woke up as soon as I said that.

"Oh no." As she said that Ross and Ryland came in the door. Ross holding a bag from a jewelry place.

"Look I can explain." Ross said.

"Oh you better. By the way, just because my favorite song from any musical is 16 Going On 17, doesn't mean I want to get married!"

"Ok fine. I didn't want to give it to you yet but....remember how you lost your necklace?" I touched her bare neck.

"Yeah."

"I got it engraved for your birthday."

"What!?! Oh my goodness! Thank you!" I hugged him. He placed the necklace on my neck. "Ross I love it!" He was about to kiss me when we both realized that Rydel and Ryland were still there. We both looked at them.
"Oh go ahead kiss." Ryland said laughing. We kissed. Ugh amazing.
-------------------------------------------
Author's Note

Wooh longer chapter! Yay! I love this one a lot. Anyways, vote and comment! Please keep reading!! 💝