"Im sorry I disappointed you"

S06/E03

Lucy's pov:
I woke up today later than usual because I needed to study but I slept trough my alarm and Tim didn't wake me, Ofcourse he didn't. I know he wants the best for me and he tries he really does, but for me to make sure I won't fail I'll study for weeks and don't sleep. I always say I'll sleep after, but I don't, it begins to feel normal. You know, to not sleep well, I haven't since the kidnapping. But since Tim lays next to me I feel a little better, he doesn't know that I still have nightmares about it, well atleast I think he doesn't, I have shot up sometimes because of them and he was there to calm me down but I never told him. Honestly I haven't told anyone, not even Jackson. If I ever decide to tell anyone, it would be Tim, he's the only one I feel safe with even when we weren't in a realationship.

Tim's pov:
When I woke up to Lucy's alarm, I was a little mad it was set that early but when I realised she slept through I let her sleep. God she looks so beautiful. She has been preparing for this exam the past few weeks and hasn't got much sleep, she's exhausted. I know she would want me to wake her but I won't, there is something like overpreparing. And I want her to make it but she also needs to care for herself, I also know it's gonna kill her confidence if she doesn't make it so I'll be praying for her.

As Lucy begin to wake up Tim noticed and said "Morning Luce, feel better?" "Yea, kinda. What time is it?" Lucy said as she sat up. "7:30, Lucy don't stress it'll be okay" Tim reassured her. They both got dressed and have had breakfast, that's when Lucy started studying again. "Luce give yourself a break, you've been studying the past few weeks. You're gonna do great." Tim she as he came up to her taking her cards off her, "Thank you, but I won't I need to study more" Lucy said stressed taking back her stuff. "Lucy you know there is something called overpreparing right?" Tim said as he kissed her on the forehead. "That doesn't exist" Lucy said while giggiling.
They both went to the station, as they arrived inside the station Lucy gave Tim a kiss "Thank you, I'll see you tonight" she said. "Yea no problem, see you tonight. You're gonna kill it" Tim said as he waved her goodbye.

When Lucy comes back at the station grey is hanging the list up of the scores. She immediately walks up there pretty excited, that smile faded when she saw her name on 17th place. "Shit, I can't even make detective" she thought to herself. "I'm sorry Chen." Grey said when he saw the disappointment on her face, "mhm, thank you sir."

When Lucy comes home Tim is already waiting for her at the table, "and?" Tim asked as he didn't knew yet, "17th" Lucy said with a disappointed look but quickly laughs it away. Tim saw but was gonna bring it up later. After the dinner they sit on the couch and Lucy is doing everything and talking about the most random things all together. "And when they asked the question" Lucy said while getting interrupted by Tim, "Lucy." "And then they asked" Lucy said while completely ignoring Tim because she didn't wanna face it yet. "Lucy, sit down" Tim said now in his commanding TO voice, Lucy now sat down very close to Tim but was still yapping about everything and nothing. "Luce, calm down." Tim said while rubbing his has over her shoulder, "it's okay, talk to me." He said reassuring her that it was okay. "Tim-" Lucy began as she stopped herself, "Tim I can't pretend to be okay anymore, not to you" she said while tears streamed down her face, "I'm mentally drained, and when I would make it I thought everything would get better but I didn't." She said while Tim pulled her to his chest. "Shh it's okay, I know, i know." Tim said while rubbing her back while his shirt got all soaked, "I'm sorry I disappointed you" Lucy said through sobs. "You could never disappoint me Luce, now let's get you some sleep." He said while carrying her to their room.
In bed Lucy cuddled up to Tim, as she told him "Tim, you make me feel really good, you know that?" Thinking he was already asleep. "You make me feel that too Luce, now sleep you need it. Well talk about it later" Tim said as they both smiled to themselves.

Want another part of this or new short story?