-21-

I was curled up tightly in a ball on the couch with Laurence's hand on my right shoulder, Katelyn and Garroth across from me, and Lucinda on the other side of me. It was terrifying to relive it, but unfortunately Laurence was right. It did make me feel a little bit better to talk about it. 

"I'm glad things worked out for you at the Zvhal's farm." Garroth started, breaking the silence. "Although, Laurence, you and I are going to have a chat later."

"What? Why?" Laurence blinked, bewildered.

"You may be my best friend, but Leona's kinda, sorta my sister now."

"Hey!" Katelyn leaned over and punched him. "She's actually my sister. I'll handle the talking, thank you."

"No one's doing any talking!" I unraveled myself. "I'm a grown-ass adult and can take care of myself, thank you very much! Anyways, Laurence brought up a good point that I need to start getting back into it and facing the issue. I just don't know the best way to do it."

Garroth leaned forward. "Well, I'm glad to hear that, because my father's been wanting to talk to you."

"Okay, anything but that."

"The best way to face an issue is head on, Leo." Katelyn gave me a slightly sympathetic look.

"Look." Laurence interrupted both of them. "If she doesn't want to do it yet, she doesn't have to. She can also start with something small. After all, this is the guy who wanted to completely get rid of her. She doesn't have to talk to him now or at all if she doesn't want to."

I patted his hand and gave him a smile. I really did appreciate how he was helping me through this. I don't know if anyone else could help me through this like he could. Katelyn was too blunt and didn't care too much for emotions, while Garroth wasn't too smart in emotional matters and tended to make bad decisions. Lucinda often took these situations too lightly and didn't care enough. 

Like now.

"Well, if that's the case, then I have an alternate suggestion." She smiled and stood up. "Ladies and gents. We'll be getting the whole group back together and we're going out tonight."

See?

"So, who's it all going to be tonight?" I asked Lucinda from the bathroom, putting on a swipe of blush.

"Us, and Katelyn, Aphmau, and Nana, and then Garroth, Laurence, Dante, and Travis. No one else responded except Aaron who said no. But I wouldn't be surprised if Zane gets dragged there by Garroth." She leaned back in her seat, peeking out from her room. "What are you wearing tonight?"

"I don't know yet. You?" I stood up and fluffed my hair. I was deciding to use contacts tonight instead of wearing glasses, so I did a more dramatic makeup look. 

"My fringed two piece set."

"Okay. I needed to get the vibe of tonight. I haven't done anything like this in awhile."

Lucinda walked in the room to use the mirror. "I thought you just went two stepping last month?"

"That's a completely different vibe than clubbing."

"Speaking of, go pick out your outfit! We only have, like, fifteen minutes before we have to go."

Ultimately, I decided on a black corset top and a low rise skirt with black booties. I say ultimately, because Lucinda rejected multiple outfits before letting me wear this one.

"Lucinda! It's not like I'm trying to impress anyone!"

"Hey. You should still try to look good. Not for him, but yourself."

Maybe she had a point. But I'll also say that his face when he saw me was extremely heartwarming and made me feel gorgeous.

I drove with him, Lucinda, and Garroth, and we were the first ones there when we got to the club, so we sat at an open booth to keep it saved for us. It wasn't too busy yet, but we knew that it would definitely be later. It was a smaller one that was completely dark, except from a couple of well placed LEDs and a lit up dance floor. I sat in the middle of the booth and Laurence sat next to me and put his arm around me while Lucinda and Garroth went to pick up some drinks. 

He leaned in close to my ear. "You doing okay?"

"Yeah." I nodded. "This isn't my scene, but I'm glad that you're here with me."

He smiled and gave me a firm kiss on my temple. "I meant about the situation, but if you don't want to deal with it, that's fine."

"Tomorrow. I promise." I squeezed his cheeks with my right hand. "You're so cute. I'm so lucky." I pulled him in, and he immediately deepened it. His mouth moved against mine perfectly. I smiled against his and felt his do the same. 

I heard someone clear their throat in front of us. "Well, hello you two." We pulled away and saw Aphmau in front of us with Nana.

"Oh, hey! Where's Katelyn?"

"Lucky for Laurence, she's parking the car."

Lucinda set down a platter of shots on the table. "Who's parking the car?"

"Katelyn." I leaned over and picked one up. "But who's ready to get tonight started!"

-

I got pretty tipsy pretty quick that night since I hadn't eaten anything for a few hours. I was stumbling a little bit on the dance floor with Lucinda and Katelyn. I was laughing at Aphmau's attempts, on the other end of the floor, to seductively dance to get anyone's attention (Although, side note, it was definitely working for Garroth). Travis had made several passes at Katelyn throughout the night, so she decided to stick to the table, away from him, for the rest of the night with Nana, who was sleeping in the booth. Zane left earlier, no shocker, and Dante found some poor, random girl to makeout with. The song ended and I fell into someone behind me. Thankfully, it was Laurence, and he caught me.

"Heeeeeyyy youuuu..." I giggled at his smiling face.

"Hey you." He helped me stand upright. "You ready to head home?"

I made a pouty face. "You not having fun?"

"I'm having lots of fun. I just feel like maybe we're having too much fun."

"Hmm, I guess." I blinked hard. "What about everyone else?"

"They're having a bit too much fun, too. Let's go get them home, too."

He and Katelyn rounded everyone up and drove us all back home. Ours was the last house, so when Laurence opened the door to help me inside, I grabbed onto him. "Are you coming with meee?"

"Not tonight." He slowly walked me over to my house. "You're a little drunk for me to stay over. I will see you tomorrow though." He stopped me at my front door.

I gave him a pouty face. "Promise?"

He gave me a kiss on my forehead. "Always."

Thanks for reading!