How To Mend A Broken Heart?

Joseph and I broke up in 2019. It was the hardest year of my life. I forgot about what caused the breakup. I do miss him so much, but I am pretty sure he has moved on from me. In 2020, I got an email from the Duffer Brothers, the creators of my favorite tv show. Asking if I would like to audition for Felicity Henderson. She is gonna be Dustin's sister, who has come back to Hawkins at the wrong time. I was excited to try out, so of course, I accepted it. They had sent me over my scripts for Felicity, and I noticed that she also fell massively in love with her brother's friend Eddie. I sat and read the scripts for my audition. Which was in 2 months. I practiced every single day and every single night. Practice makes perfect.

   2 months have come up quickly. I headed to the airport because the auditions were being held in Georgia, and I live in California. I was super excited to meet the original cast. I had a crush on Joe Keery, who plays Steve Harrington. The flight was at least 4 hours long. I took a quick nap, mesmorizing my script, so I know it by heart. Once I got there, there was already a car waiting for me. I saw a few more newcomers to the show. I introduced myself to them. I met Grace Van Dien, who plays Chrissy Cunningham, and I met Jamie Campbell Bower, who plays, Henry/One/Vecna. I heard a familiar voice coming up from behind me.

  I turned around, and sure enough, it was Joseph. What was he doing here? I quickly got into my car before he saw me. It broke my heart seeing him there. The driver drove to the hotel that I would be staying in for 5 months. I het there, and I quickly grab the key to my room. I took the elevator up to the 19th floor and found my room. I sat down on the bed and breathed a sigh of relief that he didn't see me. After 15 minutes of alone time, I get a knock on my door. I got off the bed and opened it. To my surprise, it was Joseph. We both stared at each other, but we didn't say a word. I walked away and went back to my room,slamming the door shut. After what felt like 10 minutes, Joseph knocks on my bedroom door. I yell "What do you want? I believe there is nothing we need to talk about!" Then I hear him clear his voice and then he said "Y/n, there is something we need to talk about. We need to talk about us. We are working together on the show, so you would have no choice to talk to me. C'mon, darling open the door, please!"

  I sat there in silence. I didn't know what to say. After 2 minutes, I got off the bed and opened my door for him. He walks in and sits down on the chair by the window. I look at the floor while he sits there and stares at me. I fiddle around with a ring that is on my right hand. I didn't actually know what to say. My heart was still and forever will be broken. There is no way to mend it back together. Because it is completely damaged.  I slightly turned my head to the right and noticed that he was still staring at me. This awkward silence is very aggressive. We both didn't know what to do or where to begin. It has been over a year since we have seen each other. And yet here we are, in the same room, trying to figure out who is gonna start the talking first.

  After 15 minutes of this long silence, I finally spoke up. "What do you want,Joseph? I thought we both agreed to never speak to each other. I am just gonna talk to the Duffer Brothers and see if there is another part that I can do. Because I have read the scripts, and there were a few makeout scenes. That would be completely awkward for the both of us." He stares at me and says,"Y/n, I know we both agreed not to speak to each other. But we both didn't know that we would be in the same show together. If you feel comfortable playing a different part or not, even be part of it, and it is all up to you. But, I just want to let you know that I really do miss you. I regret every single day for letting someone like you go. You were the best I ever had. And I know nothing is ever gonna change your mind about me or about being in this show together. Either way, I just wanted to let you know as well, I will never find anyone who is as special as you were. Well, I best be leaving. Have a script to go over. Hopefully, you will change your mind and come to the table reading tomorrow morning. If not, then I wish the best of luck for you. Y/n, I still love you!"