Part 2: Bucky Barnes | The Siren

THIS IS PART 2 TO "THE SIREN"

Bucky Barnes x Reader: Reader is a HYDRA super soldier and her mission is to kill a rogue HYDRA asset, formerly known as the Winter Soldier.

Warnings: violence, torture, blood, implied SA

Word Count: 4.7k

_____

When I regained consciousness, it took a couple of minutes for my eyes to catch up to my brain. They slowly peeled open, showing nothing but darkness until they adjusted to the lights in the room – or rather the lack thereof, only low, red emergency lights glowed. I sat up but even such a small act left me gasping for breath as the collar and cuffs remained on my body – draining me of all my energy. The cell was larger than I was used to and contained only a small cot, which I was now sitting on. Rather than walls, all around me, the cell reflected my image. Two-way glass. Staring at my reflection, I saw that, though there was still blood dried down my face, the gash on my forehead had been stitched up and my ribs appeared to be bandaged up as well – the cloth wrapping around my chest where my dress previously was. I was changed out of my gala attire, blue scrub-like pants covering my bottom, the matching top slung over my shoulders in a sorry attempt at modesty. As if I had any of that left after my years in HYDRA. Why the fuck would they tend to me? Pain and torture are the easiest way to get information out of somebody. What angle are they trying to take?

An alarm sounded, sending a sharp pain through my head, and lights illuminated the cell. The two-way glass turned clear.

"Ah, our lovely guest appears to be awake."

The Iron Man, Tony Stark, stood on the opposite side of the glass, a smirk gracing his face. Beside him Captain America and my target, his hand bandaged where I'd stabbed him clean through but otherwise he seemed perfectly intact. The look in his eyes unnerved me, it was full of emotions I couldn't understand. Emotions I was unaccustomed to seeing staring me in the eyes, ever. All around the cell, small, barely perceptible cameras were positioned. Everyone who wasn't here was surely watching the interrogation through them – analyzing my every movement. No doubt vitals sensors also tracked any imperceptible reactions.

I was no stranger to interrogations. To being tortured to the edge of a normal person's limit. But I was no normal person and anything they could do to me was nothing compared to what HYDRA actually did. They're better off killing me, and that still will be nothing compared to what I have to look forward to after I'm out.

"Earth to little assassin..." Tony Stark snapped his fingers, a mocking attempt to get a reaction. I remained silent. There's nothing they could do to me standing on the opposite end of that glass. And they wouldn't have gone through the trouble of healing me if they wanted me dead at the end of this.

"So we heard you and our wintry soldier over here know each other." Iron Man did all the talking while the other two stayed silent, just watching. "In fact, you both worked for a company that we thought we'd exterminated long ago – HYDRA." At the mention of the company, my target winced.

His taunts and talking were doing nothing. No more than an annoying fly buzzing around. I tried not to move, at all, I found it stopped the restraints from draining me of much energy and left my head clear enough to think. There was no visible escape from this cell, no doubt one of the glass panels served as an exit which meant I needed to somehow gain access to the electric panels that connected it to the switchboard outside. Or somehow convince them to take me out of the cell, if only for a couple moments.

"Well, as much as I love hearing myself speak, I see that my words will do absolutely nothing in terms of cracking Winter Soldier Lite over here." Tony's voice refocused in my ears. "Guess we've got to bring in the trickster."