-The Aftermath Of The Loss One-

I want to do a different one this time, maybe less than a part by part of a full story- This baby here is a backstory this time! :D

This is all for entertainment purposes only!

___________________________________________________________

Prussia's POV

It was 1918... I never thought I would remind myself of the tragedy that devastated me and my family, it has been a decade since the first world war ended... How could I not have seen this coming?

I should have stepped into the situation and reasoned with him that it's impossible to overpower them over a feud... But I turned a blind eye and let him run things his way, knowing he did manage the homeland well as I expected...

After the treaty was signed, a few weeks later he died due to unknown circumstances... Whether he died from natural causes, died from an attack by an enemy, or even inflicted himself after the loss... I'm not sure, my son never came home after the war was over...

But, I'm not only the one who is grieving this loss... His sons, Weimar Republic, and Third Reich, even though they are adults now, lost their father too... I know the other two felt the same way when Austria-Hungary died as well long before my son did...

FLASHBACK TO 1928!

I enter Weimar Republic's bedroom to check on him. He rarely goes home and stays for 2 days before returning to work, so I took this opportunity to talk to my grandson, to see if he is handling it well...

I see my grandson putting some paperwork into his suitcase, however, he doesn't seem to notice me entering his room yet... "Weimar...?"

Weimar Republic: "AH!" The moment I spoke out, he was startled by my presence a bit and dropped a few of his papers onto the floor

"Whoops! I'm so so sorry sorry- I should have knocked before I entered..." I nervously laugh as I pick up the paperwork off the floor and hand it over to him

Weimar Republic: "It's okay, Opa. But please, do knock next time.. I nearly thought you were Reich for a second..." He takes the paperwork and sets it aside on the table

"Reich went out a few hours ago before you came" I clear my throat "Anyways, you wouldn't mind if I chat with you,  Weimar?" I give Weimar an awkward smile

Weimar Republic: "Huh..? Oh, I suppose I have time... Is there something you want to talk about, Opa?"

"I... I just wanted to check in on you and see how you're handling the weight of responsibility you've had for the past decade... How are things holding on, Weimar?" 

Weimar Republic: "Everything seems to be going well so far, Opa."

Weimar Republic: "But I refer to needing some time alone to clear my thoughts from my mind lately..."

Weimar Republic: "It's been on my mind these past few months and I cannot ignore them..."

Weimar Republic: "I tried to occupy myself with the workload. But no matter what I do, it always lingers around in my mind like it's taunting me..."

"Is there something troubling you, Weimar?"

Weimar Republic: He shakes his head "Oh no no no, it's only stupid dumb thoughts.. Really"

"Weimar, I'm not convinced by that statement"

"If someone says they're fine or anything they say to avoid discussing their problems, they are not fine at all"