Chapter Twentyfour

Start from the beginning

(Y/N)'s words cut through the moment, snapping us back to reality. "I think this is your cue to call the doctor..." she said, her tone laced with playful sarcasm. 

Me and Toto exchanged a sheepish glance, both realizing at the same time that we probably should've called for help sooner. "Yeah, you're probably right," I admitted, scratching my head awkwardly. "Better late than never, right?" Toto nodded in agreement, though his guilty expression said it all. "Note to self: next time someone's on the brink of death, call the doc first, ask questions later," 

The doctor bustled into the room with a big smile, offering his congratulations like he'd just witnessed the birth of a baby t-rex. He launched into a detailed explanation of (Y/N)'s aftercare plan, complete with diagrams and handouts that made us feel like we were back in science class. But then he dropped the bombshell: "(Y/N), your husband here has been crying non-stop." 

(Y/N) turned to me, her expression a mix of confusion and amusement. "Husband?" she echoed, tilting her head like a curious puppy. 

I couldn't resist chiming in, "Hey Doc, I think my wife's still a bit groggy from her beauty nap. But yup, I'm the lucky guy she calls her husband, isn't that right, love?" I flashed (Y/N) a cheesy grin, hoping to smooth over the awkwardness with my charm. 

(Y/N) looked at me with a mixture of amusement and affection, shaking her head with a playful smile. "I suppose so," she replied, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Hope all!" Toto and his side comments.

(Y/N) quipped, "Hey Doc, I'm starting to think I've got amnesia. Before I got shot, I was living it up as an empress with my entourage of concubines. And let me tell you, they were a dream team! There was Jungkook from BTS, Timothee Chalamet, Tom Holland, and Cha Eun Woo. I think my brain's playing some serious mind games with me!"

We all cracked up at (Y/N)'s witty remark. "Well, well, looks like someone's got a royal memory!" I teased, nudging (Y/N) playfully. The doctor chuckled, shaking his head in disbelief. "An empress with a star-studded entourage, huh? That's a new one," 

He quipped, his eyes twinkling with amusement. (Y/N) played along, "Who knew a little amnesia would reveal my royal connections?" 

The doctor chuckled, "Well, that's quite the royal entourage you've got there! But don't worry, your memory will come back in no time. Although, I must say, being an empress does sound pretty glamorous. Maybe we should check your brain just to make sure there's no hidden palace tucked away in there!"

"Damn Doc! That's personal." (Y/N) in disbelief.

"Hey Doc, you might wanna check my wife's brain, just in case she's forgotten how handsome her husband is!" (Y/N) pretended to inspect her hand, adding fuel to the fire. "Well, would you look at that, no ring in sight, Ron!" she teased, accompanied by Toto's playful "Oooooh" in the background.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes in mock exasperation as I made my cheeky remark to the doctor. "Seriously, Doc, did you accidentally swap (Y/N)'s soul with someone else's when you were reviving her?" I joked, my tone filled with playful skepticism. "Maybe we should give it another go, just to make sure we've got the right person back in there?"

"Toto, grab a truckload of salt and candles. Looks like we've got a soul-possession situation on our hands!" I exclaimed with exaggerated seriousness. "We'll perform an exorcism right here in the hospital room!" Toto burst into laughter. 

As (Y/N) held my hand, I felt her tapping on my palm in a rhythmic pattern. Amidst the laughter, I quickly caught on – she was using Morse code to communicate something.

As the doctor bid farewell, he reminded us of the important details we needed to remember. 

As I escorted the doctor to the door, "Doc, are you absolutely sure you're a doctor?" I questioned. 

The doctor's expression shifted to one of confusion. "What's brought this on, Mr. Kamonohashi?" he asked. I glanced at (Y/N), who nodded in agreement, confirming my suspicions. "And another thing, I never mentioned my surname to you, doctor..."

 "Furthermore, there hasn't been any paperwork provided for (Y/N)'s treatment. How could you possibly know my name without any records?" 

Before the doctor could make a move towards the door, I swiftly grabbed hold of his ear, preventing his escape. "Not so fast," I said, my voice low and intense. "You're not getting away that easily." 

My fingers clenched tighter around his ear as I ripped away the mask from his face, revealing the true identity beneath. "You thought you could fool us with your little charade," I declared, my voice low and menacing. "But just because we were sharing laughs doesn't mean you can escape detection."

I tore away the layers of deceit until there was nothing left but the bare truth staring us in the face. The room fell silent as the disguise crumbled, revealing the face of someone we clearly recognize. 

"Your disguise is the shittiest ever, Winter Moriarty! "